New Digitata, any guesses for a name?

Christel Mei

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
1
Location
Daytona Beach FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this new wild Digitata colony for $60 from the LFS I work at, what a deal! Each branch is a couple inches long with tons of new growth.

It is huge, about the size of a grapefruit in diameter.

Anyone ever seen anything like it?.....Yellow base with light neon green polyps.

If no one can tell me what this is, I am gonna call it a Mountain Dew Digitata.

DSC001291.JPG


DSC00134.JPG
 
I don't know but I want a frag whenever you frag that bad boy. :D I like the MT. Dew name! LOL!
 
I like the Mountain Dew name as well, it describes the color perfectly!

Rev, I'm sure we can arrange that, with all the nice zoas you have and could trade!:D

I bought the colony as a brood stock colony, I am going to keep most of it, but I will be fragging the other half for trades and stuff like that.
 
I would like to see a pic of a frag when it grows out. Its a nice coral, but I'm in doubt as to whether it will just be green digi. I have seen green digi come in a variety of growth formations and also look yellow, only to turn green in different lights.

But if its really got a true yellow base over time, then put me on the list. ;]

GL!
 
i like lemon drop lol also i would love a frag if u frag it
 
You sure it's not bleached? I would keep in your tank for awhile before calling it something new.

I have various orange Digis and I had to put one really close to the light and it's now hot pink.
 
why ha now we can force him to update :D i just hate when ppl post old selling threads or that ric contest one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new