New Dosing Pump - Need Guidance!!!

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

So I finally decided to try automatic dosing for CAL and ALK. I have never done this before, need some guidance on how to set up a schedule.
-How do you determine how much to add each day?
- Should I dose hourly or just daily in the evening?
Any other guidance will always help.

I currently have a 75 gallon tank, mixed reef. I will be using Kamoer X1 Pro 2 doing pumps

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

So I finally decided to try automatic dosing for CAL and ALK. I have never done this before, need some guidance on how to set up a schedule.
-How do you determine how much to add each day?
- Should I dose hourly or just daily in the evening?
Any other guidance will always help.

I currently have a 75 gallon tank, mixed reef. I will be using Kamoer X1 Pro 2 doing pumps
You need to find out how much is being used each day of what ever you intend in dosing. Get yourself a white board or note pad and start testing every day to see what is being consumed. Then figure out how much of what ever you are dosing it takes to make up that amount. Keep testing after setting up to make sure you keep levels where they should be.

OP
OP
fg_aquariums

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to find out how much is being used each day of what ever you intend in dosing. Get yourself a white board or note pad and start testing every day to see what is being consumed. Then figure out how much of what ever you are dosing it takes to make up that amount. Keep testing after setting up to make sure you keep levels where they should be.
Thanks I’ll create a chart. Should I test before the light are on and after the light shut off? To calculate how much is being used.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I’ll create a chart. Should I test before the light are on and after the light shut off? To calculate how much is being used.
Test at the same time every day.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back