New Eshopps Deskmate Florida 9g peninsula

Cyndi & Jim

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2013
Messages
199
Reaction score
301
Location
Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super excited after my obsession with the original Deskmate pico that I own to get started on the new Florida model!!!

It’s a 9g peninsula with euro brace.
Comes with a Sicce Micra and a sock.
-Using the Sicce Jolly heater.
-Dual flow orange RFG f/VCA ordered
-Eshopps Nano skimmer
-Black rock from Addictive Reef Keeping

Debating on making it a predominately LPS tank. May go with my usual CaribSea Hawaiian black sand.

Haven’t decided on the lighting, could use recommendations on

IMG_1385.jpeg IMG_1386.jpeg IMG_1391.jpeg IMG_1504.jpeg IMG_1731.jpeg IMG_1730.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Live rock pieces going in.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 226
Best of luck with the tank!
 
How is yours mounted? Are you using a skimmer?
Regular RMS mount. I do NOT run a skimmer so I don’t have any issues with the middle chamber.

I keep consistent with water changes every 7-9 days (2.5 gallons).
 
Regular RMS mount. I do NOT run a skimmer so I don’t have any issues with the middle chamber.

I keep consistent with water changes every 7-9 days (2.5 gallons).
Makes sense. I’m considering doing the same.
 
Awesome tank! I’m thinking of jumping on this. Can you tell me if the orange is as bright as the classic. It’s looks darker in a lot of pictures. Thanks!
 
Awesome tank! I’m thinking of jumping on this. Can you tell me if the orange is as bright as the classic. It’s looks darker in a lot of pictures. Thanks!
Go for it! The Mariana hasn’t arrived, yet. But I can show you the Florida compared to the original and confirm that it is darker.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3376.jpeg
    IMG_3376.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 503
Love seeing the progress!!!
 
Go for it! The Mariana hasn’t arrived, yet. But I can show you the Florida compared to the original and confirm that it is darker.
Wonder why they did that. It doesn’t glow as much.
 
Wonder why they did that. It doesn’t glow as much.
Might have something to do with how the back panels are now all black (to hide the equipment) Probably blocks some additional light flow that would flow "through" the tank to the bottom.
 
Any updates on the new tank? I’ve only ever had glass. How do you keep these from scratching?
 
Any updates on the new tank? I’ve only ever had glass. How do you keep these from scratching?
Having a bit of a hard time finding a stand that would preferably hold all 3 tanks. I have a 3 year old that loves to “help” or I would simply put one at each end of my couch.
I use an old card primarily when I clean the inside and a microfiber towel on the outside.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new