NEW ESHOPPS MARINER 180 BUILD

They are ball valves but the way we designed it you can really get it super silent .gate valve are not needed. But the absolute best part of our plumbing is the modification ability. We use straight up 1 inch and 3/4 inch bulkheads.
 
Latest Update!
It’s been a while since my last post, and the tank has come a long way. This tank is well, a tank! The build quality so far is par none.

Equipment Upgrades

  • Mobius G6 Pro lights with hanging kit
  • Eshopps protein skimmer
  • Printed reef light shades
  • Vortech MP40 powerheads
  • Vectra L2 return pump
  • Aqua Ultraviolet UV sterilizer
Aquascape

  • Added more rockwork to create tunnels, bridges, and swim-throughs for the fish
New Livestock

  • School of Carberryi Anthias
  • Large show-size Longnose Black Tang
  • Zebra Tang
  • Pair of rare Randall’s Fairy Wrasse (Purchased from Koral King)
  • Borbonius Anthias
  • Juvenile Formosa Wrasse
  • Two pairs of clownfish (combined from two previous tanks)
  • Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
  • Spotted Hawkfish
  • Mystery Wrasse
Corals

  • Migrated all corals from my previous tank
  • Added several new pieces
IMG_2417.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2419.jpeg
IMG_2428.jpeg
 
Sweet
 
Fully plumbed and filled with water. Rockscape work in progress but foundations are in place with Australian Live rock
Silly question, what did you modify so the rightmost drain does not drain into that 4th compartment of the sump in your picture?
 
Silly question, what did you modify so the rightmost drain does not drain into that 4th compartment of the sump in your picture?
Technically you can just turn the ball valve or raise the standpipe
 
Silly question, what did you modify so the rightmost drain does not drain into that 4th compartment of the sump in your picture?
Technically you can just turn the ball valve or raise the standpipe
Hm, I don’t have a ball valve on the rightmost drain.
 
Silly question, what did you modify so the rightmost drain does not drain into that 4th compartment of the sump in your picture?
Technically you can just turn the ball valve or raise the standpipe
Hm, I don’t have a ball valve on the rightmost drain.
I think the rightmost one in the picture, the one without the valve, is the emergency overflow and should only drain if your water level is way too high in your display. I think it can be adjusted by raising the stand pipe, as the other guy suggested.
 
Thank you both for your information! Drain 4 and drain 5 was mislabeled in my package So drain 4 had the taller standpipe than drain 5 (the emergency drain). Guess it’s time to re-plumb slightly.
 
Right now these are 15% off and its very tempting to pick one up. I dont have one I can see in person so Im curious if you can answer these questions I have.

Does the weight of the tank sit on the aluminum structure and how is that transferred to the floor? Does it have leveling feet?

You mention that you can mount a fleece roller in the sump. How much room is there? Can you mount a Red Sea Reef Mat 1200 or 500?
 
Right now these are 15% off and its very tempting to pick one up. I dont have one I can see in person so Im curious if you can answer these questions I have.

Does the weight of the tank sit on the aluminum structure and how is that transferred to the floor? Does it have leveling feet?

You mention that you can mount a fleece roller in the sump. How much room is there? Can you mount a Red Sea Reef Mat 1200 or 500?
There is aluminum built into the stand . It does have leveling feet . The sump will take a reefmat but I am not sure which one . Check out the Reef2reef build thread . The glass is 3/4 inch with eurobracing on the top and bottom of the tank
 
I have another question, did you change the piping over to move the valve from #4 to #5? How are you balancing the three ball valves? Im using a reef mat so I was planning on only piping one of the two returns lines on the left side to the roller mat. Then dived the return flow between those two. Then that leaves the line into the refugium how much flow are you letting come through that one? For a complete noobie like myself it makes it a little complicated having three separate return lines.

I did pick one of these up during the Black Friday sale. Waiting on my LFS to come set the tank on the stand and I'll start my own build thread.
 
I have another question, did you change the piping over to move the valve from #4 to #5? How are you balancing the three ball valves? Im using a reef mat so I was planning on only piping one of the two returns lines on the left side to the roller mat. Then dived the return flow between those two. Then that leaves the line into the refugium how much flow are you letting come through that one? For a complete noobie like myself it makes it a little complicated having three separate return lines.

I did pick one of these up during the Black Friday sale. Waiting on my LFS to come set the tank on the stand and I'll start my own build thread.
I’m not following here os the pipe layout
1.reefmat
2.emergency overflow
3.return both inputs
4.refugium overflow or shut the ball valve ato reservoir.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 260
Of course since we use 1 inch and 3/4bulkheads you can change this if you like
 
I guess they have made a change. Mine has 5 pipes coming down. (2) to the socks, (2) fuge one being emergency overflow, 1 pump. The three with ball valves are all the same height behind the overflow

Screenshot 2025-12-02 225046.png
 
I guess they have made a change. Mine has 5 pipes coming down. (2) to the socks, (2) fuge one being emergency overflow, 1 pump. The three with ball valves are all the same height behind the overflow

Screenshot 2025-12-02 225046.png
 
Yes sorry my fault yours is the current adoration . What exactly are you trying do I’ll walk you through it 👍
 
If yours has 4 pipes then I wont be able to do the same as you but I was wondering how to balance the flow between the three pipes with ball valves. I was going to take one of the sock compartment pipes and pipe it to the reef mat. Then get an equal flow between the one going into the sock area and the one going into the roller mat. Do I use equal flow between those two? That leaves the one going into the refugium. How much flow would you run through that? Not sure how your fuge works but mine only gets water from the pipe coming down then overflows back to the pump area.

Sorry, my first sump ever. Trying not to hijack your build thread while following along closely since we have the same aquarium. Thank you for taking the time to answer all my questions.
 
If yours has 4 pipes then I wont be able to do the same as you but I was wondering how to balance the flow between the three pipes with ball valves. I was going to take one of the sock compartment pipes and pipe it to the reef mat. Then get an equal flow between the one going into the sock area and the one going into the roller mat. Do I use equal flow between those two? That leaves the one going into the refugium. How much flow would you run through that? Not sure how your fuge works but mine only gets water from the pipe coming down then overflows back to the pump area.

Sorry, my first sump ever. Trying not to hijack your build thread while following along closely since we have the same aquarium. Thank you for taking the time to answer all my questions.
no worries when you setup the reefmat the socks will be completely removed. So technically you will only be using.
#1
#4
As overflows
#2 will either be shut , reefmat bypass, or add a 1 inch coupler to the internal #2 overflow and it can become a secondary emergency overflow. Hope I’m not confusing you .
Now if you wanted to not shut down any plumbing a klir 7 will also fit in the same space as a reef mat all you need to do is get a small piece of acrylic and replace our insert .
 
no worries when you setup the reefmat the socks will be completely removed. So technically you will only be using.
#1
#4
As overflows
#2 will either be shut , reefmat bypass, or add a 1 inch coupler to the internal #2 overflow and it can become a secondary emergency overflow. Hope I’m not confusing you .
Now if you wanted to not shut down any plumbing a klir 7 will also fit in the same space as a reef mat all you need to do is get a small piece of acrylic and replace our insert .
Thank you. That is what I was looking for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new