OP
OP
M

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know myself and throughout this process I'm going to want to pester you about things that come up. If you would rather I don't I'd understand. Sometimes I ask too many questions it may get annoying but just let me know if it does
It’s fine, as long as you know that I don’t check Reef2Reef everyday, my replies will be sporadic.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've ordered a few extra elbows and unions should be getting pvc and the cement this week but tank hasn't shipped yet. Been about 6 days now, do you remember how long it took for yours to ship?

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you don't get on this site much but can I ask you how you connect the return pump to the pvc? I was thinking coupler to barb to soft tubing..

danielankeny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, new to R2R (well, I’ve posted before, but new to starting a thread). Thought I’d post and document my journey in to this new build. A little background first.

I started reefing back about 30 years ago when I jumped into a 40 gallon saltwater tank. I remember having a wet/dry filtration system, purchased metal halide and really had no idea what I was doing. Gave it up after tank overflowed in parents house, not fun.

got back into hobby in 2018 when I setup a 20 gallon AIO (still running), and this year got the itch to upgrade, hence this thread. Here are some pics of my current 20 AIO (Innovative Marine). Was going to tear this down once new build got up and running but I might keep now and maybe turn into Anemone tank, don’t know.

image.jpg Hello! Your build thread was super helpful, i’m buying the same tank and will likely emulate some of your plumbing plans!

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet! I went with the IM APS stand and Fiji 30 sump. I'm sure I'll start a build thread here once I get around to plumbing everything.
Which stand did you get?

Salty2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. Well built I have the same 20 peninsula Fiji cube. They make really nice tanks. The pump that came with was junk. But the tank is great.

rembringz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm looking to purchase a Fiji Cube tank, just looking into all the posts about them. How's your tank running now? Do you have any updates?

OP
OP
M

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm looking to purchase a Fiji Cube tank, just looking into all the posts about them. How's your tank running now? Do you have any updates?
Yes, so tank has been running going on 2+ years now. I have no complaints about the tank, only think I would probably like is to have the added volume of the bigger tank (mine being the frag setup where it’s only 15” tall). Silicone and seams are perfect, no issues with anything like that. Overflow is slim and perfect for tank. I did replace outlets for RFG outlets. I did originally upgrade to larger sump as I wanted to have the extra volume of water. Sump is good, I don’t have a roller mat in it but they do build one specific for the sump now. Let me know if you want any specific info, I’ll take some pictures later and post them (can’t right now as lights are off).

rembringz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, so tank has been running going on 2+ years now. I have no complaints about the tank, only think I would probably like is to have the added volume of the bigger tank (mine being the frag setup where it’s only 15” tall). Silicone and seams are perfect, no issues with anything like that. Overflow is slim and perfect for tank. I did replace outlets for RFG outlets. I did originally upgrade to larger sump as I wanted to have the extra volume of water. Sump is good, I don’t have a roller mat in it but they do build one specific for the sump now. Let me know if you want any specific info, I’ll take some pictures later and post them (can’t right now as lights are off).
Thanks for the response! Good to hear that the tank is running well. I am leaning towards the FIji Cube 76G EXT or the 95G EXT, it would be great if you can share some pictures!

OP
OP
M

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response! Good to hear that the tank is running well. I am leaning towards the FIji Cube 76G EXT or the 95G EXT, it would be great if you can share some pictures!
They make a 95G EXT now? Did not know that. What are dimensions for that? I’ll try and post some pics later today.

OP
OP
M

Mayacan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a 95G EXT now? Did not know that. What are dimensions for that? I’ll try and post some pics later today.
Here are some pics. Sorry for the spectrum as they just came on for the day.

Attachments

• IMG_5453.jpeg
    IMG_5453.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5457.jpeg
    IMG_5457.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5458.jpeg
    IMG_5458.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 27

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back