New Fish Issue

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered 6 new fish from one of the vendors here on the forum (won't name them for now) at almost $300 (free shipping). They have a standard DOA cool, so does everyone but these guys advertise (as well as told me over the phone) they monitor all their fish to make sure they are healthy, eating & have no apparent diseases/pests. 1 of the new fish, an orange back wrasse came in and was not well. When I opened the box, it was the only 1 laying on its side and kind of non responsive. I reached out to said vendor & they said to keep an eye on him.

Well I acclimated them and all were good but this one. Everyone else is happy healthy swimming eating etc.... but this guy just lays on the bottom of the tank. So after watching him for several days, he can't swim. It's almost like his swim bladder has been damaged. If he even attempts to swim up off the bottom, he comes crashing down uncontrollably & lands on the bottom of the tank. On top of this, he won't eat.

Fast forward 3 weeks and he has finally starved himself to death. So, thoughts on should the vendor take care of the fish or am I just SOL?

thx

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good store you dealt with. After 3 weeks I’m surprised you got any credit but glad you did

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you posted. I have been considering buying from them, nice to know they back up their livestock!

OP
OP
B

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'm very impressed. And so far the other 5 fish are doing well in QT. I'll be buying more from them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back