New fish population advice

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am planning to buy my first new fishes for 50g tank that is populated with CUC and some macroalgae and growing young mangle pods.
I purchased the following fishes. I made sure they all have same size (2-4 cm) and checked their compatibility matrix.
- 3x Chromis Virdis (Damsels)
- 2x Chrysiptera Hemicyanea (Azure Damsels)
- 2x Dascyllus Aruanus
- 1x Anemone (Entacmea). The idea is letting it grow for future clownfish purchase.

Purchase is not delivered yet, but after contacting the supplier he doesn't recommend me the Dascyllus & Chrysiptera and allowed me to change the population as long as the global price is almost the same

I am thinking about so many configurations (fish gender will be randomly delivered):
1. Replace Chrysiptera and anemone with a package "clownfish couple & anemone"
2. Replace the Dascyllus with 2 extra Chromis
3. Replace the Dascyllus with 1 extra Chrysiptera
4. Going only for 5 Chrysiptera and an Entacmea anemone
5. Don't change the order (my prefered option)

Checking the internet for cons, Dascyllus were considered aggressive, Chromis to harrass each others and die from Uronema, Chrysiptera need to have low headcount for my 50g. Also as first fishes, I didn't want to go for expensive ones since it is my first tank ever and I will surely do many mistakes.

Can you please help me decide which action to chose ? All your feedbacks are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any QT tanks set up to get rid of any disease the fish may have?

OP
OP
Joseph_Joe

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any QT tanks set up to get rid of any disease the fish may have?
Sadly not and I was just reading about the importance of QT when you replied to me. As I am newcomer to this interesting world, I can't afford yet a QT but I am planning to it for the next months. Since I don't have any others livestock except the CUC, any disease will have "less impact".

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears your tank is new. IF this is the case, do not get an anenome yet. It needs a tank that has been running VERY smoothly for months. With my last tank, I waited a year and a half before putting one in. Reason being is that anenomies are potential tank killers. If they die, they release toxins at best and disintegrate at worst. They are not to be trifled with.

Back