New fish

Todd_elb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been up for 4 weeks now. During that time I have seen my Ammonia spike as well as my nitrite. Got some diatoms to show up on Sunday so went and got a partial clean up crew. I will add more later as I want to make sure there is enough for them too eat. My Ammonia is at 0 as well as nitrite and nitrate is at 20ppm. Do you all feel that it is safe to add a few fish this weekend or should I wait another week or 2.

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo waiting could help. you wont regret waiting just to be safe but it is up to you if you acclimate them carefully and plan on doing a water change or something to drop those nitrates then it could be ok.

OP
OP
Todd_elb

Todd_elb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo waiting could help. you wont regret waiting just to be safe but it is up to you if you acclimate them carefully and plan on doing a water change or something to drop those nitrates then it could be ok.
I don’t mind waiting at all just wanted a few opinions.i know patience is a virtue in this hobby. The more opinions I get the more I will learn.

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mind waiting at all just wanted a few opinions.i know patience is a virtue in this hobby. The more opinions I get the more I will learn.
i have also set up a tank one day and then the next day i put a fish into it and everything was brand new, i started with live sand and sea water that was supposed to have bactiera in it and everything was fine nitrates were kinda high and a little algae but the fish were fine.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.3%
Back