New Forum

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

Guest
View Badges
For kicks and giggles I thought I would join RC. I do not like it. It does not have the class or intelligence R2R has.
 
Thank you reef-nut, that is the ultimate compliment to an alternative reef site. R2R is only as strong as our users so we definitely appreciate each and every member.
 
RC is a place I may look for answers in "specialty" forums, but for general questions in stinks! I too like the atmosphere here, and a few "other" small local boards. ;)
 
I use RC as a source of info. IIRC RC had 130,00 registered members as of a few years ago, making it one of the top 5 largest forums on the web. So of course it's going to be less social, and with that number of registered users there are going to be plenty of jerks.

I agree with Poseidon, I use R2R and my local club boards for day to day stuff, and I use RC as a source of information. You just can't take anything that is said over there too seriously. There are way too many "experts" on RC.

JMO.

G.
 
I have been with RC since it started and as it has grown it gets less and less useful. Like everyone has stated, it is full of information if you can find it (ie PAY for search capabilities), however over the years I find myself migrating towards the smaller forums because they are more welcoming and have a generally better social atmosphere. This place seems to be on the right track and growing at a nice pace.
 
I love this board. I may not post alot, but I certainly read it every day. I joined RC when I first started in salt about 4 years ago. I was not welcomed very nicely. I, as a newbie, was called dumb and told to go read some books which I had all ready done prior to asking some questions.

So, I don't go there at all. I would rather spend time reading boards like this with not as much info, than deal with people like that.

Happy Reefing!!

Sandy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new