New frag, not sure what it is

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisl10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chrisl10

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2014
Messages
111
Reaction score
69
Location
Staten Island NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS had this guy for $20 I couldn't pass it up but what is it lol even he wasn't sure. I said how much for that milli. He didn't correct me so...

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461114830.499352.jpg


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461114841.704011.jpg
 
What ever it is, that frag is a big one
 
What did that colony set you back?
 
Problem is even the best of places sometimes have no clue what something is (other than some made up name). Maybe a given family but that can have many variations and color morphs. What I can tell you is it's definitely not a millepora or a strawberry shortcake. Could be some color variation of nasuta or microlados but that's just a guess from what I see from form and it looks like maybe tabling. At least from pics it looks a light purple color with green polyps.
 
Problem is even the best of places sometimes have no clue what something is (other than some made up name). Maybe a given family but that can have many variations and color morphs. What I can tell you is it's definitely not a millepora or a strawberry shortcake. Could be some color variation of nasuta or microlados but that's just a guess from what I see from form and it looks like maybe tabling. At least from pics it looks a light purple color with green polyps.


Appreciate the input. I'm not one of those guys where the name or fancy names matter but I Es just curious all in all its a ice frag at a great price in my eyes [emoji106]
 
acropora microlados. strawberry shortcake is one as is blueberry shortcake and a variety of other color variations. Its also a tabling coral.
Yep.:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new