New frag tank build... 50G lowboy 20G long 40B sump

NickosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers. I just started my grant tank build. I bought one of Fishofhex lowboy frag tanks. I have built an 8’ X 2’ stand for it. The plan is to put the lowboy and a 20long side by side and have them both drain into a 40b diy sump. I’m going as budget friendly as possible. I have 2 viparspectra 165w black box LEDs for the lowboy and 1 hipargro cheap amazon led for the 20l. This was replaced by an AI prime on my nano. I may also get a kessil a80 for the 20. The plan is for the 20 to be a mini display with live rock and sand for softies/zoas/flower nems. The lowboy will be mostly LPS with maybe a few easier sps. The sump will have a curve 5 skimmer, fuge section, marine our spheres and a Jaebo return. Anybody have any recommendations for the return size? It needs to split to both the lowboy and 20 long. 1 about 4 feet directly up and the other about 2 feet left and 4 feet up. I’m gonna tear out the icecap gyre for the lowboy and just go with the return flow on the 20 long. Will post more picks as I build.

6CB6E8F3-5808-46AD-A78C-1D04B59A3388.jpeg

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a zoomed lowboy that previously belonged to the YouTuber Fishofhex
Lol, sorry.

I didn’t take it literally. I thought maybe he recommended mods to it that were done.

Looking forward to seeing this come together!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back