New frag tank ideas

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So eventually when we’re done having babies we want to put a red sea max e170 in our kitchen but we’re not there yet. So I have a nano frag tank with an ai prime 16hd. Anyways to fill the gaps I’m thinking of doing an innovative marine 25 nuvo lagoon in my basement and leaving it there. Do you think this a good frag setup. I know remy Bahama llama uses it. I’m not planning on doing a coral farm or anything insane e just a frag tank with some utility fish plus my main display. I’m in Canada so things aren’t always available for us thanks everyone. I’ve been saving for a tank and I’m itchy

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure what your basement temperature or decorations are, in addition to heating you may want to consider a 40g breeder. It is a framed tank so it isn't as pretty, but it is bigger and a lot less expensive if you can find one locally. Good luck with whatever you decide!

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the Im cause it was all in one with all the equipment if I buy a 40g breeder I will have to Jerry rig it up and I don’t want to do a bottom sump I want to stay simple. But I do agree. A 40g breeder probably makes most sense

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I just want to use my single ai prime and I think a 40g breeder would need another one?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also I just want to use my single ai prime and I think a 40g breeder would need another one?

Yes, the AI Prime has a listed coverage of 24x24 so you would likely need two lights (or center it and leave the corals out of the edges of the tank).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back