new Freshwater tank

Welcome!!! I had a planted tank for a few years. Amazing beauty within those glass walls. Good luck. :)
12961DEA-A814-4B44-8B58-A385B044EA2B.gif
 
Hi all,

My name is Yme, from The Netherlands and I am setting up a new fresh!water tank. I know, a bit weird then to register to this forum.
The point is that you saltwater people have so much more knowlegde on sumps, fleece filters, bean animal overflows, siphon breaks and all that technical stuff that I am not so familiar with.

So I really hope that you could advise me on the best technical design of my new freshwater tank!

To show you what I more or less aim to achieve: this was my previous tank that I had to tear down because we moved to our current house. (So that why it is time for a new aquarium!)

thank you all!

Yme

aquarium.jpg
Welcome!!! There are many freshwater hobbits too so I'm sure we can help you!
 
welcome38.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new