New from Orange County, CA

  • Thread starter Thread starter Espino963
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I would wait until your test kit comes in and retest your water in a few days. Having precycled rock really helps but you never know. The hardest part of this hobby is patience but if you try to rush things, everything will crash. What are your plans for fish and coral?

RL USA is awesome. I got this frogspawn there a couple weeks ago and it’s expanded like crazy since then. Super healthy.

9F551D05-B4B2-48D6-9369-26A82368224E.jpeg
Agreed. Retest it in a few days. The precycled water and rocks help, but better to be safe than sorry.
 
I’m leaning towards a pair of clown fish (maybe in 3-6 months and for corals I’m not 100% sure. I still need to do more research, but I’m leaning towards something like that frog spawn. Something colorful that pops but not something basic either
Frogspawn, hammers, and torch corals are known to be very hardy corals. They don't like too strong of a flow, and basic advice is to keep them mid tank level. Can be pricey though.

Some other hardy corals include aussie lords, mushrooms, zoas.

My Blastomussa Merletti was one of my first corals and it is still going strong and proving to be one of the toughest corals I have. Even survived me accidentally knocking over the rock its on and killing one of its heads.

Duncans are also fairly hardy as well.
 
Frogspawn, hammers, and torch corals are known to be very hardy corals. They don't like too strong of a flow, and basic advice is to keep them mid tank level. Can be pricey though.

Some other hardy corals include aussie lords, mushrooms, zoas.

My Blastomussa Merletti was one of my first corals and it is still going strong and proving to be one of the toughest corals I have. Even survived me accidentally knocking over the rock its on and killing one of its heads.

Duncans are also fairly hardy as well.
I will re test tomorrow morning and Monday evening. If all goes well I will take a drive down to the reef store and pick something up. Do you mind posting a pic of your tank?
 
I will re test tomorrow morning and Monday evening. If all goes well I will take a drive down to the reef store and pick something up. Do you mind posting a pic of your tank?
Front
20191130_200053.jpg

Left
20191130_200104.jpg

Right
20191130_200058.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new