Great to have you aboard !!!

welcome6.png

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! This community is awesome. I am in Roseville, grew up in Loomis. I am fairly new into reefing but have found (916) Saltwater Reef Club and MARS-Marine Aquariust Roundtable of Sacramento on Facebook. Apparently MARS has club meetings, but I have yet to see any posted on their events calendar. I get most of my reefing social interaction from R2R and my lfs, @YourReef in Roseville. Check out the podcast @ReefNewsNetwork and the BRS videos for great info on setting up and maintaining a reef tank.
Welcome to reef2reef! I'm in West Sacramento area and there are a lot of local reefers in the Sacramento area with some incredible reefs :D I'm also a part of the 916 club on Facebook and the MARS club..
To add to 12gallonsofhex, other reef stores: Aquaworkz in Sac, Aqualife in Rocklin, Aquarium & Reptile Depot, Splash Aquarium and Exotic Aquarium

U

User1

View Badges
Welcome to reef2reef! I'm in West Sacramento area and there are a lot of local reefers in the Sacramento area with some incredible reefs :D I'm also a part of the 916 club on Facebook and the MARS club..
To add to 12gallonsofhex, other reef stores: Aquaworkz in Sac, Aqualife in Rocklin, Aquarium & Reptile Depot, Splash Aquarium and Exotic Aquarium

Aquaworkz is closed at the moment due to the heavy rains crashing their roof. ETA to re-open is not known at the moment.

Edit: Welcome to the board / forum.

High ICP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! This community is awesome. I am in Roseville, grew up in Loomis. I am fairly new into reefing but have found (916) Saltwater Reef Club and MARS-Marine Aquariust Roundtable of Sacramento on Facebook. Apparently MARS has club meetings, but I have yet to see any posted on their events calendar. I get most of my reefing social interaction from R2R and my lfs, @YourReef in Roseville. Check out the podcast @ReefNewsNetwork and the BRS videos for great info on setting up and maintaining a reef tank.

Just went by YourReef

Talk about a reversal of fortune

Bad. Aiptasia and bryopsis growing on frag plugs. With tiny micro brown frags.

There used to be a reef store up in Rocklin that used to be good. I need to check them out.

U

User1

View Badges
Just went by YourReef

Talk about a reversal of fortune

Bad. Aiptasia and bryopsis growing on frag plugs. With tiny micro brown frags.

There used to be a reef store up in Rocklin that used to be good. I need to check them out.

I haven't been there for a while but did stop by back in January. Had a Regal that I was interested in but the holding tanks did not look good and several fish looked pretty unhealthy. The corals on the other hand looked good and in good condition visibly. This was back in January though. Wonder what is going on.

Not a lot of stores that maintain healthy systems. Was at Exotic this weekend. Outside the front display the holding tanks in back are pretty bad. They did have a trio of leopard wrasses that looked good in their dedicated tank. I've stopped by Exotic off and on going back to their little store of Florin next to Taps plastic.

The store in Rocklin moved and is now near Studio Movie Grill. They moved to a larger store but I've not been their recently since they opened. Can't say how they are. YourReef was the coral go to store though so bummer than they are having issues.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your build with a lot of photos! :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back