New from Sacramento area

First-time Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting out. I've been a freshwater guy for years off and on. I've been reading and researching for about two years now, and I'm just now building a water mixing station before I get my saltwater tank setup. Figured I would finally join the forum. Anyone on here from Sacramento area? I live in Lincoln and don't really know what kind of local community there is for reef keeping.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r10.gif
#WelcometoR2R

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family and welcome to the salty side. You're certainly off to a great start on the mixing station. You should start a build thread so we can all follow along.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! This community is awesome. I am in Roseville, grew up in Loomis. I am fairly new into reefing but have found (916) Saltwater Reef Club and MARS-Marine Aquariust Roundtable of Sacramento on Facebook. Apparently MARS has club meetings, but I have yet to see any posted on their events calendar. I get most of my reefing social interaction from R2R and my lfs, @YourReef in Roseville. Check out the podcast @ReefNewsNetwork and the BRS videos for great info on setting up and maintaining a reef tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back