New from Sacramento area

First-time Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
32
Reaction score
83
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting out. I've been a freshwater guy for years off and on. I've been reading and researching for about two years now, and I'm just now building a water mixing station before I get my saltwater tank setup. Figured I would finally join the forum. Anyone on here from Sacramento area? I live in Lincoln and don't really know what kind of local community there is for reef keeping.
 
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r10.gif
#WelcometoR2R
 
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family and welcome to the salty side. You're certainly off to a great start on the mixing station. You should start a build thread so we can all follow along.
 
Welcome to R2R! This community is awesome. I am in Roseville, grew up in Loomis. I am fairly new into reefing but have found (916) Saltwater Reef Club and MARS-Marine Aquariust Roundtable of Sacramento on Facebook. Apparently MARS has club meetings, but I have yet to see any posted on their events calendar. I get most of my reefing social interaction from R2R and my lfs, @YourReef in Roseville. Check out the podcast @ReefNewsNetwork and the BRS videos for great info on setting up and maintaining a reef tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new