New GBT Anemone closed with white middle

jpaul12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two anemones, an orange BT and a yellow 2 days ago. I did the same acclimation process for each and added them at the same time.

As you can see in the picture the orange BT is going great, as are my other corals in my over a year old tank.

The yellow BT won’t open and it may be hard to see, but the middle looks like white mush and there is white stringy stuff coming out of it.

Has anyone had experience with that this or know what to expect? Any advice? I cannot find any information on why the middle is turning white. Thanks


78 F
Hardness 150 mg/L
PH 8.2
Nitrate & trite in acceptable low ranges
Alk 120 mg/L
Iron 5 mg/L
Carb 40 mg/L

IMG_8967.jpeg IMG_8969.jpeg
 
What's your actual nitrate and phosphate readings? How old is the tank? Using RODI?

Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new