New Guy from Wisconsin

Jerad53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone...Jerad here..
20150316_211104.jpg
I'm very new to the hobby...so new I don't even have my aquarium up and running however I'll get there soon...I figured like Johnny Cash once sang "I got it one piece at a time " so far I have the JBJ LED intermediate 28g nano, an eshopps nano skimmer, Eheim 100w heater...then I also picked up a ro/di system as well...next on the bucket list is to retro fit dimmable LEDs and hopefully grow some beautiful coral and sustain a healthy reef environment! Any recommendations are appreciated!
20150316_211104.jpg

OP
OP
Jerad53

Jerad53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much ! I'm very excited! You're tank is awe-inspiring!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Jerad to R2R! I too have a JBJ 28 and use to live in Wisconsin......Brown Deer....north of Milwaukee. Start a tank thread and continue to let us know what's going on with your tank.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes yo and hello. Always love them tank threads - cool to watch them grow.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much ! I'm very excited! You're tank is awe-inspiring!

Thank you very much! I appreciate that. I agree with the build thread. It's a great way to get input as you're moving along, plus there's a contest going on now and you could win $100 for starting one.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to have you here!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome aboard !! I'm from Sheboygan

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a great build.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 145
OP
OP
Jerad53

Jerad53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! Glad to be here! I'm in Waupun, it's a small town about 45 minutes north of Madison and 40 minutes south of Oshkosh

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome jerad! Nice to see another wisconsin guy here. There is a lot of new things happening around the madison area for salt water fish so this is a great time to come on board.

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now the only place id go is Living art in madison. If you wanna travel to milwaukee go to best fish. two best places in southern wisconsin right now. Theres going to be a new store opening up in a few months (the place i work) thats going to be selling more quality fish and corals along with some other pretty cool things :)

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries. theres a few clubs as well with forums if your looking to buy things from wisconsin reefers. Enjoy your tank!

Schgred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I'm in Wausau. There are a few Facebook groups to get connected with in the area. There is nwrs, CWRS, and then a Wausau area saltwater group. I'm assuming you know of fosters in rhinelander. If not, be sure to search foster and smith in Google. Arguably the best online retailer for the hobby! They have their divers den which is actually located in rhinelander so you can pick the coral up and not pay shipping. There is a swap happening tomorrow in plover as well.

OP
OP
Jerad53

Jerad53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I'm in Wausau. There are a few Facebook groups to get connected with in the area. There is nwrs, CWRS, and then a Wausau area saltwater group. I'm assuming you know of fosters in rhinelander. If not, be sure to search foster and smith in Google. Arguably the best online retailer for the hobby! They have their divers den which is actually located in rhinelander so you can pick the coral up and not pay shipping. There is a swap happening tomorrow in plover as well.

Very nice! I'll have to add them on Facebook..unfortunately I'm not ready for a coral swap since I'm saving up for some live rock...never knew it all costed so much lol I bought my aquarium from Foster over the holidays when they were running specials...thanks a lot for the info :)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back