New Gyre Models

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi CoralVue,

I was hoping to get some answers about the new Gyre 230, 250, and 280 models. I was a little confused about the descriptions on your site:

1. The site seems to state that the advanced controller with mount is only available for Gyre bundle packages - I'm a little confused by this because both the pump and what appears to be the bundle model have the exact same price? - http://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-xf230-gyre-generator and http://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-xf230-gyre-pump.
  2. On the desciption page, your site is stating that two gyres are required to use the advanced the controller - is that correct?
  3. Does this mean that the XF130 and XF150 are going to be discontinued? Both those models were cheaper than the new 200 models

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1). I read the controllers will be available for sale when they get them in, as of right now it is just pre orders for the new packages (september) after its unveiled at macna.
2). I'm assuming it means you need two pumps to use all the features.
3). By the description it sounds like the only thing that changed is the new controller so I don't think the xf130 and xf150 will be discontinued. The 2 in front probably just refers to the advanced controller.

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"New gyre models" haha a hahaha that's funny! A 280! New version of the 180 that was never even released

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! LOVE THE GYRES!!!

Quick question, can I get a XF250 and control it via my icecap controller plugged into my apex that's currently controlling my XF150? I'm so looking forward to getting a bigger gyre too and from what I'm hearing wireless control with the Apex!!?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can control the Gyre XF250 with the corresponding XF150/250 IceCap module which you have. From what I understand the ICV6 will link up the Maxspect products (Ethereal & Gyre) wirelessly to the new APEX system. Unfortunately it will only work with the latest APEX system.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can control the Gyre XF250 with the corresponding XF150/250 IceCap module which you have. From what I understand the ICV6 will link up the Maxspect products (Ethereal & Gyre) wirelessly to the new APEX system. Unfortunately it will only work with the latest APEX system.

Yeah I figured it would not support the classic which I have right now. Eventually I'll upgrade to the new 2016 model. And if that icv6 will do that with other Maxspect products I'm going to check that out and Ethereal LEDs!!! I was looking to replace mine next year too.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I figured it would not support the classic which I have right now. Eventually I'll upgrade to the new 2016 model. And if that icv6 will do that with other Maxspect products I'm going to check that out and Ethereal LEDs!!! I was looking to replace mine next year too.

I am in the same boat as you. I have an early model Apex controller and plan to eventually convert from halides to the Ethereal LEDs.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the new controller includes some new modes. I programmed a lunar tide cycle with my icecap/apex and curious if the lunar tide cycle on the advanced controller takes into account the actual lunar phase which offsets by about 50 minutes each day and takes into account the earths friction.

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?t=12663

Or it just alternates 4 times a day? Which is cool to. Just curious.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so it looks like it ramps flow up and down and not alternates if I'm see this correctly?

Sorry, one last question. I assume my current xf150 powersupply and icecap battery backup will work with it(xf250)?

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the new controller includes some new modes. I programmed a lunar tide cycle with my icecap/apex and curious if the lunar tide cycle on the advanced controller takes into account the actual lunar phase which offsets by about 50 minutes each day and takes into account the earths friction.

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?t=12663

Or it just alternates 4 times a day? Which is cool to. Just curious.
It is a simple 24 hour lunar cycle that alternates several times a day with small ramps and proceeds to stronger flow as seen below:
lunartidalcycle_2.jpg

When using two pump, pump one would be the opposite flow of pump 2 seen above graph in blue and yellow. I would imagine actual lunar cycle will be available in the future when they can be synced with the Ethereal LED.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, I have the new advanced controller running a new XF230 pump and my old XF130 pump, and it's working great. The LTC mode is pretty cool and seems to do a good job of keeping the water moving and keeping detritus stirred up.

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI, I have the new advanced controller running a new XF230 pump and my old XF130 pump, and it's working great. The LTC mode is pretty cool and seems to do a good job of keeping the water moving and keeping detritus stirred up.
The LTC and the Random mode are by far my two favorites.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that stinks that the new model won't be able to communicate with the apex gold... i thought about giving them a shot but to have 2 separate controllers and one not being able to view via handheld device or computer really turns me off. looks like a great product though! @Jeremy@CoralVue

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that stinks that the new model won't be able to communicate with the apex gold... i thought about giving them a shot but to have 2 separate controllers and one not being able to view via handheld device or computer really turns me off. looks like a great product though! @Jeremy@CoralVue
I hear you, really sucks. But to be honest the control is nice but the Advanced Controller provides the simplicity of setting up two pumps to the desired flow pattern.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you, really sucks. But to be honest the control is nice but the Advanced Controller provides the simplicity of setting up two pumps to the desired flow pattern.
are there any plans to make it handheld capable? (cellphone or tablet platform?)

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the Gyre Advanced Controller will eventually be able to be controlled via Wifi through the ICV6 and the future iOS and Android Gyre App.
the ICV6 is the ice cap controller to make it apex compatible but won't be apex classic compatible? what if i purchased the pump only, no controller, and used my classic to control it? theres gotta be a way lol

Jeremy@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ICV6 is Maxspects wireless hub not the IceCap Gyre Module. They are two different items.

Right now the ICV6 only works with the Ethereal LED fixtures but once the Gyre apps are developed the Advanced Gyre controller will be able to be controlled through the ICV6 using the app for advanced control without the need of a system controller like the apex. All that is required is the Advanced controller, ICV6 and the Gyre app that is being developed.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back