New H. mag

Here
 

Attachments

  • BE8A2750-CC6B-48C6-8B5B-7EA32B2CE99B.jpeg
    BE8A2750-CC6B-48C6-8B5B-7EA32B2CE99B.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2986.MOV
    13.9 MB
I have one more on order from @Nemguy123

I have a pair of false perculas (Wyoming white and frost bite) in QT right now. My main system came down with ich so it’s running fallow until 10/1/21. Do you think I would be able to introduce additional clown when I reintroduce fish? I was thinking about two spotcinctus or two saddleback?
 
I have one more on order from @Nemguy123

I have a pair of false perculas (Wyoming white and frost bite) in QT right now. My main system came down with ich so it’s running fallow until 10/1/21. Do you think I would be able to introduce additional clown when I reintroduce fish? I was thinking about two spotcinctus or two saddleback?
2 clowns is usually the max. There are exceptions to the rule though.
 
You can have a ton of clowns in a small tank with the right anemone and the right feeding schedule you also need super filtration for the amount of feeding needed :)
 
The tank is a 48”x24”x24,” ~ 108 gallon and the filtration is more than enough.
 
I tried adding a third clown. Didn't even make it passed acclimation before I returned it. My female wasn't having it.
 
I normally would not add more, but since the display is Currently sitting fallow without fish, I thought to add a pair or clowns first then add my legacy pair a few days later, when I add all of my other fish (the new clowns would be QT in a separate tank prior to Introduction)
 
Start with an acclimation box
 
I tried adding a third clown. Didn't even make it passed acclimation before I returned it. My female wasn't having it.
I added a third clown, from a failed pico attempt, to my DT and my paired clowns would constantly beat him up. The new clown was less than an inch long compared to my 3-4 in pair. They roughed him to the point I fully expected him not to survive several times. After about a two months of the little clown being persistent with wanting to be with them they've finally accepted him and now live as a trio. Hopefully they stay this way as they get bigger...
5EE0F428-252E-4B13-ACB0-C494C1219DAB.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new