New hammer - judge the flow.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kilnakorr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kilnakorr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2020
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
575
Location
Denmark
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added my first hammer coral last night, and it's been opening slowly.
My biggest issue with corals in general is judging flow.
I've turned the flow down, to be on the safe side and personally I find the current flow pretty low:


What do you guys/girls/LGBTQIA say?
 
Looks beautiful, don’t change the flow for one coral though! If you plan on adding more lps, don’t be afraid to turn the flow up a little bit, or move and adjust your flow!
 
Looks good as it's acclimating to your tank. You'll probably "up" the flow after it settles in.
 
keep an eye on it if doesn't stop clinching in a week somethings up that's a wall if one part's not happy none of it will survive
 
Looks good as it's acclimating to your tank. You'll probably "up" the flow after it settles in.
I probably will. Seems a bit low throughout the tank.
keep an eye on it if doesn't stop clinching in a week somethings up that's a wall if one part's not happy none of it will survive
New tank and new to saltwater so I keep an eye on everything :)
Hopefully it'll open up more each day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new