New here having some questions about vodka dosing

Hello & Welcome!
IMG_1453.jpeg
 
we feed mysis 1x a day but it’s in the afternoon we just started feeding reef roids on Sundays and Tuesdays this week I also use aquavitro fuel on Thursdays and Saturdays but that’s it
You may want to consider adding pellets to the mix or another day of reef roid feeding. Dry foods like these are high in phosphate so you get a more balanced input of nutrients. I feed all the fish pellets in the morning and frozen food at night to try and achieve this balance. While I try to avoid chemicals if possible, really easy to over do and shock the system, but you can go right to one of the liquid phosphate products like Moonshiner Phosphorus or Brightwell Neophos.
 
Last edited:
You may want to consider adding pellets to the mix or another day of reef roid feeding. Dry foods like these are high in phosphate so you get a more balanced input of nutrients. I feed all the fish pellets in the morning and frozen food at night to try and achieve this balance. While I try to avoid chemicals if possible, really easy to over due and shock the system, but you can go right to one of the liquid phosphate products like Moonshiner Phosphorus or Brightwell Neophos.
Thank you I have brightwell neophos I can start using and I may implement pellets in the morning thank you for all your help you’ve been a blessing
 
Thank you I have brightwell neophos I can start using and I may implement pellets in the morning thank you for all your help you’ve been a blessing
Of course! I'm always happy to share my knowledge when I can, someone should learn from all my mistakes.

And again welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Started with a 20g water change today the dose of vodka is 22mls

will test nitrates tomorrow and see where they are
 
For those that were wondering lfs water showed over 40 tds yesterday we are switching stores and as a added bonus we will be switching to tropic Marin pro salt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new