New here, returning to the hobby after many moons

chrisl10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Im Chris...

Ill give you the brief history here, I previously had a 120 reef, I ran the gammet starting with softies, shrooms, zoas and all the beginner stuff, then made my way into SPS which I absolutely loved, the shapes and variations of color ..... just amazing, but oh so much work.... needless to say a huge tank crash and other situations led that tank to be shutdown and find a new home.

Here I am years later, I have that bug again and in the works there is a 92 rimless cube in my future with led lighting and a bunch of the oh so colorful sps with a bunch of really cool and colorful fish. Lets just say ill be roaming through the led posts, sump posts, and a whole bunch of other topics here so I may be asking a lot of questions trying to get myself all caught up fromthe years I have been gone and getting my new plan solidified so I can start building my new setup.

See... I kept it short and sweet

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I keep acropora, and use a mix of T5s and royal blue LEDs. If you can get the light that you want with just LEDs, then more power to you! My eyes never could get used to just LEDs. I mention this as something for you to consider. We're glad you are back in the hobby!

OP
OP
chrisl10

chrisl10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks DFW, I'm looking to go with the AI hydra 52, it seems to have the color and spectrum that will work for the sps/lps acros etc. Ive seen photos but not in person yet, Ive seem=n the kessils on sps tanks alone and they looked gret so Im hoping the AI will be that much better. Forth Worth tx, I hope you are a Cowboys fan lol

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to the forum!* It's amazing how much the hobby can change over a few years,welcome back!

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! We can never truly go away from this hobby ;) I can't wait to see the progress on your tank. When you get stuff started, you should create a tank thread. Don't forget... lots of photos!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back