New here, returning to the hobby!

east_hammer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
30
Location
Staunon
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I’m Ash
38, from the Midwest, travel RN now taking a staff RN job in Virginia. Happy to be getting back into reefing. I had a gorgeous 40 gallon in my late teens, and am totally obsessed with sustainable reef keeping. Plan on big moves once we buy/build a house but for now have a 13.5 fluval evo with skimmer, hob refugium with plants and a ton of pods, 7 watt UV, and a good 3 inches of sand and 12ish pounds of rock, Red Sea 40 watt led, and ideal parameters. Didn’t have any algae blooms, which surprised me but I’ll take it.
one yellow damsel (the most timid and kind I’ve ever seen)
Spotted watchman (thought he died/jumped but now he and the damsel are buds?!)
False clown misbar
Coral shrimp
Cleanup crew
Dem clam
Various corals still on order.
all going well, very excited to be back at it, and to join the community here!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new