New here, returning to the hobby!

Hi!
I’m Ash
38, from the Midwest, travel RN now taking a staff RN job in Virginia. Happy to be getting back into reefing. I had a gorgeous 40 gallon in my late teens, and am totally obsessed with sustainable reef keeping. Plan on big moves once we buy/build a house but for now have a 13.5 fluval evo with skimmer, hob refugium with plants and a ton of pods, 7 watt UV, and a good 3 inches of sand and 12ish pounds of rock, Red Sea 40 watt led, and ideal parameters. Didn’t have any algae blooms, which surprised me but I’ll take it.
one yellow damsel (the most timid and kind I’ve ever seen)
Spotted watchman (thought he died/jumped but now he and the damsel are buds?!)
False clown misbar
Coral shrimp
Cleanup crew
Dem clam
Various corals still on order.
all going well, very excited to be back at it, and to join the community here!

Hi Ash and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you (both locations):
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Hi Ash and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you (both locations):
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
Wow thanks y’all!
I did not expect so much support so quick.
I’ll get on it, as my time allows.
truly appreciate the very warm welcomes
 
welcome r2r.jpg
 
Hi!
I’m Ash
38, from the Midwest, travel RN now taking a staff RN job in Virginia. Happy to be getting back into reefing. I had a gorgeous 40 gallon in my late teens, and am totally obsessed with sustainable reef keeping. Plan on big moves once we buy/build a house but for now have a 13.5 fluval evo with skimmer, hob refugium with plants and a ton of pods, 7 watt UV, and a good 3 inches of sand and 12ish pounds of rock, Red Sea 40 watt led, and ideal parameters. Didn’t have any algae blooms, which surprised me but I’ll take it.
one yellow damsel (the most timid and kind I’ve ever seen)
Spotted watchman (thought he died/jumped but now he and the damsel are buds?!)
False clown misbar
Coral shrimp
Cleanup crew
Dem clam
Various corals still on order.
all going well, very excited to be back at it, and to join the community here!
Welcome back to reefing! Sounds like you're off to a good start!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new