New Here - Stocking 210 Salt

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to get opinions on this stock and if it were to be ok if added at the right times. Planning on all of the tangs and angels to be juveniles. I know I’ll end up with less tangs but it was a list of what I liked and I can reduce from there based on compatibility.

Blue Hippo
Lipstick Tang
Orange shoulder tang
Blue Atlantic tang
Convict Tang
Lemon tang

Flame angel
Emperor angel

Foxface

Lubbocks wrasse
Yellow coris wrasse
Melanrus wrasse
Radiant wrasse
Ear muff wrasse
Rhomboid wrasse

Tail spot blenny
Starry blenny

2 clown fish

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby and Reef2reef!

It all depends on what you want to keep in your tank? Angels are known to nip at corals idk if you could have all those wrasses together without conflict. I had a hippo, orange shoulder and yellow tang together and they all got along so I don’t see why the tangs would have a problem with that large of a tank.
Add the tangs last imo.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your list looks pretty good probably cut out 2 of the tangs would be my suggestion and add wrasses slowly to avoid conflicts. Lastly emperor added last or it will be a pain to add fish.

oceancowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept many large angels and tangs together in the past. I would not recommend a large angel like the imperator (the latin for emperor) be put in with a dwarf angel. This is a risky combination. Maybe instead put in a majestic. And yes, add the imperator last. For the tank size, I'd also say you may have 2 tangs too many. Several of those will grow quite a bit. I had an orange shoulder (I love these guys) that got about a foot long in my 400 gallon tank.

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept many large angels and tangs together in the past. I would not recommend a large angel like the imperator (the latin for emperor) be put in with a dwarf angel. This is a risky combination. Maybe instead put in a majestic. And yes, add the imperator last. For the tank size, I'd also say you may have 2 tangs too many. Several of those will grow quite a bit. I had an orange shoulder (I love these guys) that got about a foot long in my 400 gallon tank.
Yeah I’m planning on only doing 4 of the 6 I posted, was mainly looking for compatibility feedback in case any of those is notoriously a bully.

appreciate the feedback on the angel, what other angel could I add with an emperor outside of the majestic?

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a lot of tang even for 210.
Be a challenge.
Yeah I knew it was too many and planned on 4, but posted 6 because I wanted to see if there some that weren’t compatible but planning on only doing 4

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to stock a 210 as well. Where are you planning on purchasing your fish from as I've been shopping around and looking for recommendations.

OP
OP
M

manny14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

tank is up and running currently have this stocked at the moment - all fish are juvenile / small

emperor angel
Coral beauty
Foxface
Melanurus wrasse
Blue throat trigger
5 blue chromis
2 clown

looking to add the following still, think I’ll be good and if so, In what order

flame angel
Blonde naso
Blue hippo
Purple tang