New Hitchhiker ID forum.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already started a thread in there, but perhaps I shouldn't have. What should the ultimate goal of this section be? Should be be straight ID questions only?

I started a thread showing you how to ID something yourself. While I'm sure this is useful, maybe it's not the intention. After all, it's a "Hitchhiker ID" forum, not a "Talk at me about Hitchhikers" forum.

I'm thinking it should be a straight up "What is it" forum and take the opportunities within the threads to teach how to do it yourself and about the critters in general.

Then there will be no question of "does this belong in this section", because if the person doesn't know what it is.... it does belong there.

So, my vote is 100% people asking "what is this" and I would kindly ask my thread be removed to allow for that, if that's the way it is. I like that idea better than the way I went originally, because then we won't miss people's questions. Don't be shy about snatching my thread outta there! :)

Last edited:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking a good way to get it started would be to make a few stickies of the more commonly asked hitchhikers to cut down on some being asked repeatedly.

Joe.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm new to this anyone know what this hitchhiker is on my turbo snail?

IMG_22781.jpg

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 5.0%
Back