New Hitchhiker ID forum.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
8,812
Reaction score
8,300
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already started a thread in there, but perhaps I shouldn't have. What should the ultimate goal of this section be? Should be be straight ID questions only?

I started a thread showing you how to ID something yourself. While I'm sure this is useful, maybe it's not the intention. After all, it's a "Hitchhiker ID" forum, not a "Talk at me about Hitchhikers" forum.

I'm thinking it should be a straight up "What is it" forum and take the opportunities within the threads to teach how to do it yourself and about the critters in general.

Then there will be no question of "does this belong in this section", because if the person doesn't know what it is.... it does belong there.

So, my vote is 100% people asking "what is this" and I would kindly ask my thread be removed to allow for that, if that's the way it is. I like that idea better than the way I went originally, because then we won't miss people's questions. Don't be shy about snatching my thread outta there! :-)
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking a good way to get it started would be to make a few stickies of the more commonly asked hitchhikers to cut down on some being asked repeatedly.
 
Sounds good! I guess we'll figure it out as we go!!
 
Hey guys, I'm new to this anyone know what this hitchhiker is on my turbo snail?

IMG_22781.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new