Reefers 60 and over

79 here and still enjoying my reef. I do have the UPS guy put the salt in the garage for me. He does it automatically now!!
 
69 here. My 7 gal. reef tank runs itself and just do 3 cups a day WC. Check parameters every two weeks. Make 2 gallons of water once a week and keep my 3 dosing heads topped off and make sure my ATO is kept full. I do have two FW shrimps tanks, a Fancy goldfish tank, a planted FW tank, and a 1000 gal. above ground pond on my enclosed patio so all this and a BAD back keeping me going. lol
 
I dont qualify for age as Ill be 56 this year. But physically is a different story. 20 years of building machines the size of a house has taken its toll. I have resorted to pumps for water changes. Its actually alot faster too. I can do a 30 gallon water change in about 10 minutes.
 
I'm hoping for the home assistant aquarium tending humanoid robot.
But it will probably kill me in my sleep so I dont screw up the tank, so maybe I'll just hope for a dog that fetches my slippers? idk?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new