Reefers 60 and over

69 here. My 7 gal. reef tank runs itself and just do 3 cups a day WC. Check parameters every two weeks. Make 2 gallons of water once a week and keep my 3 dosing heads topped off and make sure my ATO is kept full. I do have two FW shrimps tanks, a Fancy goldfish tank, a planted FW tank, and a 1000 gal. above ground pond on my enclosed patio so all this and a BAD back keeping me going. lol
 
I dont qualify for age as Ill be 56 this year. But physically is a different story. 20 years of building machines the size of a house has taken its toll. I have resorted to pumps for water changes. Its actually alot faster too. I can do a 30 gallon water change in about 10 minutes.
 
I'm hoping for the home assistant aquarium tending humanoid robot.
But it will probably kill me in my sleep so I dont screw up the tank, so maybe I'll just hope for a dog that fetches my slippers? idk?
 
........ I have resorted to pumps for water changes. Its actually alot faster too. I can do a 30 gallon water change in about 10 minutes.
I have a small power head in my sump with a hose on it. At WC time I pump sump down, Clean it up, put new salt water into sump and turn return pump back on. Saves the siphoning gear mess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new