New hitchhiker. Never had this one before.

THE_MAD_REEFER

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2017
Messages
171
Reaction score
129
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked in the tank with a light to check the pod population and saw two of these. what the heck are they?
52a112abcf2f22d194d2e0b4680c858e.jpg
 
If you upload to YouTube , you can post the link here and it will show the video
 
Thanks. I'm pretty sure but I don't think they are common so not much info. I'm gonna post it to YouTube.
 
Sometimes they look completely black other times you can see their white shell when they pull their fleshy slits open.
 
They like to eat sps be careful....but beautiful!
 
They do not eat SPS. They algae graze.
I use to breed them you are thinking of a Nudibranch. This is a Limpet.
 
dang! I hope he has enough other food to eat and leaves my coral alone. I will keep an eye out and get rid of them if I need to. Thank you for the article. What book is that?
 
i had one a while back... never bothered my coral, only came out at night, and destroyed GHA

i could see the patch he was grazing on in the morning was almost gone... didn't seem to like the longer hair algae, but if i pinched it off with my fingers to make it shorter he would always find the patch i worked on and clean the rest up for me...

i need to get another one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new