New Hydro controller help

MonoZXM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my new Hydro controller (X4 and XP8) today from BRS. As I set up the XP8, I noticed the light was flashing once I plugged it in. Therefore, I attempted to charge my phone using XP8 to test, but unfortunately, my phone was not charging. Thinking that perhaps I needed to configure it through the app first, I downloaded the app and connected it to my 2.4 GHz WPA2 WIFI. After a couple of minutes, it indicated that the setup was completed, but I still couldn't charge my phone (tried plugging in other devices as well but nothing happened), and there was no Wi-Fi connection either.

Subsequently, I restarted my router and the XP8, yet still encountered the same issues—the LED light on the XP8 is on but no power and no Wi-Fi.

So.... I decided to conduct more research and found out that I probably needed to reset XP8, so I followed the instructions on the CoralVue website. Placing a strong magnet to the left of the Command Bus Ports but nothing happened. Additionally, I noticed a very loose reset button on the side, labeled "15." Attempting to reset it by holding it down for 15 seconds / pressing it 15 times produced no results.

At this point, I am completely clueless. Can some Hydro expert please help?

Mode: blue
WiFi: red
collective: orange

OP
OP
MonoZXM

MonoZXM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure why, but whenever I plug in the XP8 to my wall outlet, a green indicator cycles through each outlet. Whichever outlet the green light hits will have power until it moves on to the next outlet (my phone charges until the green light moves on to the next outlet).

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green means its connected to the wifi and working correctly.
I don't know what you mean by trying to charge your phone?

Upvote 0

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you setup an output in the app to use one of the outlets. If not then it is normal for them to be in the off state. Did you get a X4 Pro Pack? If so do you have the command bus cable connected between the X4 and XP8. Also you need to connect the terminators to the open command bus ports on each controller. You will need to create a collective in the app while you are accessing one of the controllers. Then you will need to add the other controller to it. Otherwise they will act as independent controllers and The XP8 cannot be controlled using inputs from the X4.

Upvote 1

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of pictures of what you see on your screen and of the controller will help while waiting for the experts.
Did you setup each controller in the app. You have to setup the wifi credential in each controller through the left menu of the app.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MonoZXM

MonoZXM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you setup an output in the app to use one of the outlets. If not then it is normal for them to be in the off state. Did you get a X4 Pro Pack? If so do you have the command bus cable connected between the X4 and XP8. Also you need to connect the terminators to the open command bus ports on each controller. You will need to create a collective in the app while you are accessing one of the controllers. Then you will need to add the other controller to it. Otherwise they will act as independent controllers and The XP8 cannot be controlled using inputs from the X4.
yes, I got the pro pack. I will need to figure out how to create a collective to connect both. Thanks for the reply。

Upvote 0

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On creating a collective you will need to choose which controller you want to save the settings on if you have anything setup yet. Access that controller. Once it is accessed click the + sign in the left menu like you are adding a controller but instead click the create new collective button. You will need to give it a name. On the Hydros use a different name each time. They can be close as long as they are different. Once is has been created and changes uploaded the controller you had accessed will no longer be in the left menu list to choose but the collective will be there. Make sure you are in the collective. Click the left menu and select devices from the menu. Click on the + sign in the lower right corner, This should get you to the entry screen where you can choose the other controller and add it to the collective. The collective acts like one large controller with the sum of all the inputs and outputs of it's member controllers. So you can use a input from one controller to control an output of another. Any controller you add to a collective other than the controller used to create it will have any settings erased when it is added to the collective. So if you have settings you want in the collective from the controller you are adding take some screenshots so you can add them once the controller is added to the collective.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back