OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to check the sizes for the second chamber in the IM Fusion 30 Long, but glad there are more options now.

99.9% sure the chambers are the same as the 40 Fusion with just the return chamber being wider. You would need the larger of the two skimmers.

shwaynez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips on tuning this skimmer? I bought it about 3 weeks ago and still having some trouble dialing it in on my IM AIO 40L tank. I’m pretty sure there’s sufficient bio load. Seems like the bubbles can’t form a consistent head are either just boiling and not getting up or bubbling over and quickly filling the collection cup. I’ve tried raising/lowering the skimmer, the collection cup, and changing the pump speed and waiting to see what happens, nothing really changing outside of the water level in the skimmer.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips on tuning this skimmer? I bought it about 3 weeks ago and still having some trouble dialing it in on my IM AIO 40L tank. I’m pretty sure there’s sufficient bio load. Seems like the bubbles can’t form a consistent head are either just boiling and not getting up or bubbling over and quickly filling the collection cup. I’ve tried raising/lowering the skimmer, the collection cup, and changing the pump speed and waiting to see what happens, nothing really changing outside of the water level in the skimmer.

When I get a chance later, I can measure
My cup height and hanger height. I recently cleaned mine and it took about a week to go back to normal. If it’s bubbling up and over continue to raise the cup.

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post some pics of skimmate these produce, and how large of a bio load would you say your tank has? Was it difficult to dial in the pump?

Trillaman954

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post some pics of skimmate these produce, and how large of a bio load would you say your tank has? Was it difficult to dial in the pump?
Also want to know this as I just purchased the skimmer for my 20 gallon hex. I got the 120

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my skimmers with the cup pretty high and lowered bit by bit from there. The pictures below are the larger version on my 40 gallon.

My skimmate is a dark brown liquid but I get a thick paste that sticks to the underside and inside of the cup.

IMG_6111.jpeg IMG_6112.jpeg

davidjmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are great. The 240 is running on my 40 Fusion. It’s great and I have it hooked up to my medium IceCap CO2 scrubber. I’ve used the IceCap K1 nano. I liked it but it was somewhat difficult to adjust and the mounting style wasn’t friendly to aio aquariums. I’ve used the Tunze 9001 DC but it also never fit well although the controllable pump made it worthwhile. I was recently using the Aquamaxx 1.5 HOB. It’s a beast and works amazing well, but when the output slows down it’s a chore to remove and clean. On my 25 lagoon I was using the Bullet 1 from Aquamaxx, it was good, but again, cleaning was a chore and priming it was a headache.

I’ve had these two skimmers going for 7 months and they are great. I’m actually thinking about buying the production versions as I want the changes that were made since these prototypes. I think people will be very happy with them. :)
Any chance you can write me on how you setup the CO2 scrubber with this skimmer and maybe some points on how to set it up cause I’m trying to run it a little dry skim but somehow can’t get it to that. I have an AIO Waterbox 65.4 so any input would be appreciated it.

davidjmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you can write me on how you setup the CO2 scrubber with this skimmer and maybe some points on how to set it up cause I’m trying to run it a little dry skim but somehow can’t get it to that. I have an AIO Waterbox 65.4 so any input would be appreciated it.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the skimmer air line connected to a piece of 1/4” RODI tubing and then a push connect elbow then another small piece of 1/4” RODI tubing. This leads to silicone tubing that fit the 1/4” RODI tubing snugly (I think I used extra air line from my old AquaMaxx HOB 1.5). Then a piece of 1/4” RODI tubing to a 3/8” x 1/4” push connect reducing union then a small piece of 3/8” RODI tubing to 3/8” silicone tubing to the IceCap scrubber.

Here is a sequence of photos:
IMG_6168.jpeg
IMG_6170.jpeg
IMG_6171.jpeg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else recommended these? They are very inexpensive so makes me wonder! No review on brs but on sale for xmas for 63.99. Anyone know why I would be getting shocked by my skimmer everytime I put hand in tank? It was doing this a while ago whent worked then quit skimming but I kept it running and wasnt getting shocked! I cleaned it in ciric acid started working again but shocks the bejesus out of me! I keep having to unplug then forget to plug back in! I dont see how my fish and corals are not being electrocuted!

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem with this is there’s no info on correct height on water and cup either
Definitely... It took me a solid dozen attempts over a couple days to get it where I have it now... I didnt move the actually skimmer body THAT many times, maybe a few... Small cup adjustments is where the fine tuning took place... For me.

davidjmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely... It took me a solid dozen attempts over a couple days to get it where I have it now... I didnt move the actually skimmer body THAT many times, maybe a few... Small cup adjustments is where the fine tuning took place... For me.
Where does the body of your skimmer is setup? My skimmer use to run great during breaking period, now during the day the water just boils and won’t raise at all, but comes night and it works halfway decent. It makes no sense, and this just happened after cleaning the cup after breaking period, so no sense to me, I contacted coralvue and they can’t do anything even when I tell them the pump must be bad, their answer is send skimmer and we will check it, but we don’t have replacement pumps to sell either. ‍♂️ like what the heck

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does the body of your skimmer is setup? My skimmer use to run great during breaking period, now during the day the water just boils and won’t raise at all, but comes night and it works halfway decent. It makes no sense, and this just happened after cleaning the cup after breaking period, so no sense to me, I contacted coralvue and they can’t do anything even when I tell them the pump must be bad, their answer is send skimmer and we will check it, but we don’t have replacement pumps to sell either. ‍♂️ like what the heck

When you cleaned the skimmer? Did you detach the black tube on the inside of the skimmer body? It has to be reinstalled a certain way. Hold on while I take pictures.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be like this…
IMG_6317.jpeg
IMG_6318.jpeg
IMG_6319.jpeg

Not like this…

IMG_6320.jpeg
IMG_6321.jpeg

The pump hole should be opposite the holes in the round piece. Although sometimes I get that boiling when the skimmer turns back on from the tank being in feed mode but then it stop after about a minute. Sounds like you’re not getting the fine micro bubbles. Maybe air isn’t being pulled in properly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back