0   0   0
It should be like this…
IMG_6317.jpeg
IMG_6318.jpeg
IMG_6319.jpeg

Not like this…

IMG_6320.jpeg
IMG_6321.jpeg

The pump hole should be opposite the holes in the round piece. Although sometimes I get that boiling when the skimmer turns back on from the tank being in feed mode but then it stop after about a minute. Sounds like you’re not getting the fine micro bubbles. Maybe air isn’t being pulled in properly.
I wrote you on your IG btw, don’t know if you’re able to see it. And honestly I didn’t took it apart it was just the cup but I removed the whole body from the tank and after that is hasn’t function properly. At night it kinda produces the skimming, but not enough to be constantly but slowly. No matter how bough or low at night. And during the day it just boils and swing side to side like waves ‍♂️

davidjmt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be like this…
IMG_6317.jpeg
IMG_6318.jpeg
IMG_6319.jpeg

Not like this…

IMG_6320.jpeg
IMG_6321.jpeg

The pump hole should be opposite the holes in the round piece. Although sometimes I get that boiling when the skimmer turns back on from the tank being in feed mode but then it stop after about a minute. Sounds like you’re not getting the fine micro bubbles. Maybe air isn’t being pulled in properly.
Apparently doesn’t want to work tonight, but how you see it is how it is since then

Attachments

• IMG_3451.mov
    45.8 MB

schmidt reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my skimmers with the cup pretty high and lowered bit by bit from there. The pictures below are the larger version on my 40 gallon.

My skimmate is a dark brown liquid but I get a thick paste that sticks to the underside and inside of the cup.

IMG_6111.jpeg IMG_6112.jpeg
How quiet is your pump? I can’t run mine on anything but the lowest setting. For a DC pump mine is way too loud.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How quiet is your pump? I can’t run mine on anything but the lowest setting. For a DC pump mine is way too loud.

Not loud at all. If I was standing next to the Lagoon 25 I can hear a hum but stepping away, not so much. The larger one on the 40 is dead silent but it is hooked up to a CO2 scrubber so that dampens all sound.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehh, I don't know, I tried the K1 nano multiple times and they were terrible..this one looks like it utilizes the same style of pump too. At least it's DC this time, but still, hard pass.

Only thing for me is I have a k1 nano from coral vie and the pump sucks it didn’t even last 6 months
I must be doing something wrong as my K1 nano has been with me for over 3 years now. Will admit have replaced the pump twice. The most recent pump has been working for about 1.5 years.

schmidt reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not loud at all. If I was standing next to the Lagoon 25 I can hear a hum but stepping away, not so much. The larger one on the 40 is dead silent but it is hooked up to a CO2 scrubber so that dampens all sound.
Mine is on a scrubber as well, but the motor hum is very loud, I sent an email to coralvue, hopefully I can get the motor replaced

Last edited:

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does the body of your skimmer is setup? My skimmer use to run great during breaking period, now during the day the water just boils and won’t raise at all, but comes night and it works halfway decent. It makes no sense, and this just happened after cleaning the cup after breaking period, so no sense to me, I contacted coralvue and they can’t do anything even when I tell them the pump must be bad, their answer is send skimmer and we will check it, but we don’t have replacement pumps to sell either. ‍♂️ like what the heck
Took some measurements last night... For me, the body of the skimmer is just about 2" above the water line... and the top of the cup sits at 2" above the skimmer body.

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is the ONLY thing i hear on my tank so it is/was kind of a bummer when the tank went from dead silent to a constant hum that the wife even called me out on... Good news is... After awhile I think it has quieted down.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back