New ich treatment

tjsig522

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently my clown fish had ich bad . So I had some colloidal sliver laying around and decided to dose the fish with colloidal silver. I took my two clown fish and put them in a 2 gallon bucket full with saltwater. I dosed 1 tablespoon of colloidal silver every two hours (4 times total ) 24 HOURS later I checked the fish they still had some spots left on them but most of the parasite was gone. So I then added the fish back into my display tank in within a day all the spots were gone and the fish look great. Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic and anti-parasitic once it is digested by the fish they have the silver in their system and it stays there and gets rid of all parasites.

Colloidal silver has become like my coral dip but for fish. I no longer have ich because all new fish I get I let them sit in a colloidal silver based water for a couple hours and the ich never develops when I added them to my display tank.

Warning never add colloidal silver to any tank . Since the silver is a antibiotic it will kill all the natural bacteria in the tank the good ones and the bad. The best is to put them in a container or bucket while silver does its magic.

I hope this helps it worked for me and I want to share this personal discovery with the marine community:smile:

I am providing a before and after of my clown fish and the colloidal silver i used .
I also added a pic of my tank hope you guys enjoy

20140418_134310.jpg

20140429_190213.jpg

20140429_190225.jpg

20140429_190335.jpg

Sabrina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.... this sounds amazing!!! Well done! I was wondering if one could use a few drops or a capful of colloidal silver in the bag when you get new fish as they acclimatise before putting them in the new tank. This is looking really promising... thanks for posting your information.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's not the regular life cycle of ich where they fall off? You need to treat all fish that shared the same tank.If you put your fish back in a tank that has not gone fishless for 3 months,you risk reinfection.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW; The clownfish in the first photo has Brooklynella, not ich. Brook is a "surface parasite" easily knocked off by a few different chemicals and even a FW dip. Trophonts of SW ich (Cryptocaryon irritans) embed deeply under the epithelium (outer skin layer), and there is no known method for forcing these off the fish until they are ready to exit (via their life cycle).

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be curious as to further investigations into the use of colloidal silver.

I've not heard of anything recently, this was an old thread. The idea has been around for a long while, but never gained much traction. It is mentioned as a dip in Herwig's formulary from 1975.

Jay

ThePlummer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a old post, but relevant to what I've discovered about silver.

I won't comment on whether or not silver works on fish parasites, but I will comment on how/why colloidal silver works as an antibiotic/antimicrobial/antiviral.

The silver emits a resonant frequency that is known to kill 620 pathogens on contact. Water has a unique ability to retain or memorize the frequency that the silver emits and once that frequency is inside YOUR body it disperses throughout your body, because you are mostly water.

Here's the trick though..... You don't have to consume colloidal silver. You merely have to place Sterling silver or more pure silver in any liquid you are about to consume, for just a few seconds.

If you consistently do this at least once a day, you won't get sick, and if you do start to feel a bit under the weather, start using it in everything you drink and you'll be better within 24 hours.

I discovered this trick because I've always been very susceptible to strep throat all my life. I used to get it consistently 3 to 4 times a year. About 4 years ago, I felt strep coming on, after being in contact with a known strep carrier. I can always tell when I have strep several days before a throat culture will show a positive. This time, I could feel the sore throat coming on, so I made a pot of coffee and dipped a sterling silver necklace I have in the coffee before drinking it....

Two cups later, I felt good enough to sleep... When I woke up the next morning, there was no signs of illness.

I've since convinced many people to adopt this protocol and they report that they no longer get any type of flu type symptoms for several years now.

Odd thing is, Dairy farmers knew this a long time ago, before refrigeration, they would simply drop a silver dollar in the milk bucket to prevent immediate spoilage.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a old post, but relevant to what I've discovered about silver.

I won't comment on whether or not silver works on fish parasites, but I will comment on how/why colloidal silver works as an antibiotic/antimicrobial/antiviral.

The silver emits a resonant frequency that is known to kill 620 pathogens on contact. Water has a unique ability to retain or memorize the frequency that the silver emits and once that frequency is inside YOUR body it disperses throughout your body, because you are mostly water.

Here's the trick though..... You don't have to consume colloidal silver. You merely have to place Sterling silver or more pure silver in any liquid you are about to consume, for just a few seconds.

If you consistently do this at least once a day, you won't get sick, and if you do start to feel a bit under the weather, start using it in everything you drink and you'll be better within 24 hours.

I discovered this trick because I've always been very susceptible to strep throat all my life. I used to get it consistently 3 to 4 times a year. About 4 years ago, I felt strep coming on, after being in contact with a known strep carrier. I can always tell when I have strep several days before a throat culture will show a positive. This time, I could feel the sore throat coming on, so I made a pot of coffee and dipped a sterling silver necklace I have in the coffee before drinking it....

Two cups later, I felt good enough to sleep... When I woke up the next morning, there was no signs of illness.

I've since convinced many people to adopt this protocol and they report that they no longer get any type of flu type symptoms for several years now.

Odd thing is, Dairy farmers knew this a long time ago, before refrigeration, they would simply drop a silver dollar in the milk bucket to prevent immediate spoilage.
Yeaaaa... That's not how it works. Silver destroys the cell membranes of organisms on contact. No 5g frequency required.

ThePlummer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeaaaa... That's not how it works. Silver destroys the cell membranes of organisms on contact. No 5g frequency required.
All matter has energy. Energy doesn't necessarily have matter. Therefore, you are correct, but don't understand how/why silver destroys on contact.

I'm at a deeper understanding than you on this matter.

All matter is mostly a void, for every molecule only 'touches' through the phenomena known as 'like, likes, like', meaning that the nucleus's of two molecules never 'touch', its the electrons flying around the nucleus that come in very close proximity to each other. And since the electrons are always flying around a molecule, therefore I am correct that All matter has energy.

You just have to be able to understand and apply how/why that energy can benifit/harm your life. It's just another tool of life.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All matter has energy. Energy doesn't necessarily have matter. Therefore, you are correct, but don't understand how/why silver destroys on contact.

I'm at a deeper understanding than you on this matter.

All matter is mostly a void, for every molecule only 'touches' through the phenomena known as 'like, likes, like', meaning that the nucleus's of two molecules never 'touch', its the electrons flying around the nucleus that come in very close proximity to each other. And since the electrons are always flying around a molecule, therefore I am correct that All matter has energy.

You just have to be able to understand and apply how/why that energy can benifit/harm your life. It's just another tool of life.
naaa

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back