New Innovative Marine Nuvo INT Lagoon are Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cuong do you have to fit the sump through the back of the stand or do the sides open as well?
I actually had to build it around it. My sump was an exact 44" long so I had about 3/8" clearance. Basically put it together, disconnected one side at the top, slid the sump in, and tightened the two screws back up.

Karl M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering the 112 , how would you rate the build quality of the (A) Tank, (B) Stand. Some have mentioned that the side panels are removable, does that give you full access.
Any pictures of you setup would be much appreciated.

I just had my LFS request a quote from SCA for a 32 x 32 x 20. I have a SCA 30 x 30 x 24 (still in the box) am very pleased with the build quality.
Thanks,
Karl

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love this 150 but also really, really want an external. Has anyone heard any rumors on this?!?! PLEASE @INNOVATIVEMARINE, please make this happen!!!
Reach out to Paul at IM. He can most likely provide details if there will be an external IM150 in the future or if they can do one as a special request.

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the 112 through the front. The sides are are closed and the back has 2 supports in the way. I think some remove the inserts in the sides for a more open look. If you do that then you could put it through the sides. The sump I got just barely fits.

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting the Bashsea 3018 SS. I just couldn’t find another sump that checked all boxes. Three drains, 37 gallons, 30” x 18” x 16” . Not to mention a sexy sump.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the black media out of the back corner and threw it away. I had high nitrates early on and I couldn't seem to find the source. After a month or so fighting it I remembered that there was media there. I pulled it and it was loaded with waste. I ended up having to drain out each section of the sump and clean it. I bought a clarisea 5000 for the display tank to drain into and never looked back. That thing is way better than filter socks. I usually don't have to change the roll out for 6 to 8 weeks. I don't run a refugium. I drain the display into the clarisea 5000 in the first section. I have a bubble magnus elite skimmer in the middle section. That thing is light years better than the nyos skimmer I had. Also in the middle section I have a sicce 2.0 pumping into my avast marine vibe loaded with zeolite media. The last section is where my return pump is. I have been through a lot of different equipment through trial and error. Had a brs 2 part media reactor with carbon and gfo. Now with the zeovit system I just run carbon passively and no gfo.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How sturdy are the stands? I was looking at the NUVO EXT 200 but the aluminum stand looks very thin and is only held together by short screws.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back