New invert in the tank. Id help

  • Thread starter Thread starter jikm2187
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
616
Reaction score
0
Location
Greeneville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O I was doing tank maintenance this evening and found several of these on my clip/thermometer
 

Attachments

  • image-789233503.jpg
    image-789233503.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 248
Here's better pics from when I scraped them off out of the tank
 

Attachments

  • image-2356168237.jpg
    image-2356168237.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 203
No my guess is a tunicate, or pineapple sponge. Google the image and see if that matches. I would do it for you but I'm on my phone sorry lol. If so they are harmless. You will have an explosion of them for a short time if you have high silicates but they will go away!
 
No my guess is a tunicate, or pineapple sponge. Google the image and see if that matches. I would do it for you but I'm on my phone sorry lol. If so they are harmless. You will have an explosion of them for a short time if you have high silicates but they will go away!

Yup. Pineapple sponge is it.. Thank you very much
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new