New IOND email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that the Ion Directors are either already or very soon will be in transit from Germany
Don't get your hopes up. I ordered a Mitras light bar 7 weeks ago. I emailed them today. I was told it's not on the next shipment from Germany.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get your hopes up. I ordered a Mitras light bar 7 weeks ago. I emailed them today. I was told it's not on the next shipment from Germany.
That’s awesome. Please tell me you asked for a refund and invested in something more available here?!

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like their products too, but that’s totally insane
That's what I tried to impart on them. The website says 3-4 weeks delivery. I said it should reflect the right delivery schedule on the site.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I tried to impart on them. The website says 3-4 weeks delivery. I said it should reflect the right delivery schedule on the site.
I don’t know, I kind of have the feeling that their website/customers service is a 1 man job (Vinny). Never received any answers but from Vinny, all social media is handled by Vinny too. You would believe there would be someone else doing the job?! That’s why they can’t keep up with website (i.e. IOND page still mentions the first newsletter that came out 1 year ago) and all..

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know, I kind of have the feeling that their website/customers service is a 1 man job (Vinny). Never received any answers but from Vinny, all social media is handled by Vinny too. You would believe there would be someone else doing the job?! That’s why they can’t keep up with website (i.e. IOND page still mentions the first newsletter that came out 1 year ago) and all..
I agree. If their products weren't so good I believe they'd have gone under a long time ago. It is what it is and what it's going to be. The world is changing in front of us daily. Just kinda muddle through all this and see what shakes out.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so it's May 3rd. Anybody hear anything?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto released an unboxing video and we should be receiving an update on confirmed shipping dates tomorrow.
Nice of Ditto to do an unboxing video, but I think what everyone wants to see is the Ion Director VS Trident and Hanna test kits.

Last edited:

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice of Ditto to do an unboxing video, but I think what everyone wants to see is the Ion Director VS Trident and Hanna test kits. Also GHL sending a unit to a Beta tester does not bring us any closer to hearing real world info from someone that is not under a NDA.
Ditto was under the NDA that has lifted and did testing of the director versus test kits for the past few months; pending next video release. Otherwise... shipping info tomorrow to determine whatever data you would like and then the follow-on "how long does the probe last?" hounding.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice of Ditto to do an unboxing video, but I think what everyone wants to see is the Ion Director VS Trident and Hanna test kits. Also GHL sending a unit to a Beta tester does not bring us any closer to hearing real world info from someone that is not under a NDA.
I most certainly have no need to see the IOND vs anything. Trident or otherwise. Especially Hanna. Any thing will beat Hanna checkers. But it's nice that you're speaking for "everyone".

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I most certainly have no need to see the IOND vs anything. Trident or otherwise. Especially Hanna. Any thing will beat Hanna checkers. But it's nice that you're speaking for "everyone".
This is a brand new piece of technology for the reefing community and your saying that your going to take whatever it reads and not cross check it against other test kits?

I have Zero problems getting an Accurate reading from My Hanna Ca. And yes I have checked my method using calibration fluid. Pretty sure my method works well with my Salifert Nitrate testing also.

As for speaking for "Everyone" do you want to take a bet on which video will get the most views. I am pretty certain it's going to be any video that compares the Ion Directors readings versus known test kits.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a brand new piece of technology for the reefing community and your saying that your going to take whatever it reads and not cross check it against other test kits?

I have Zero problems getting an Accurate reading from My Hanna Ca. And yes I have checked my method using calibration fluid. Pretty sure my method works well with my Salifert Nitrate testing also.

As for speaking for "Everyone" do you want to take a bet on which video will get the most views. I am pretty certain it's going to be any video that compares the Ion Directors readings versus known test kits.
It's been tested and GHL has an outstanding reputation for quality. I have no doubt they will stand by it.

Hanna has had bad Alk reagents for a while now. They may have under control they may not.

I really don't care what video "everyone" is going to watch. I do know when I receive it it will get hooked up and put to good use.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked against Hanna, I do own some :)

kits1.png

And Red Sea Test Kits
And Aquaforest test kits
And API test Kits,
And SALIFERT test kits
And Seachem test kits
And Nyos test kits

I ran out of kits multiple times. I think I am going to have nightmare's on the vial test tubes, color charts, small readings on the needles to make sure it was .70 right oh #&#! I have to do the test again.

I sent in multiple water test throughout the testing cycle.

During the peak of testing I was testing multiple tanks, 3 to be exact and a salt mixing station. 1 with no water changes, 1 with Daily and 1 with water changes every two weeks.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked against Hanna, I do own some :)

kits1.png

And Red Sea Test Kits
And Aquaforest test kits
And API test Kits,
And SALIFERT test kits
And Seachem test kits
And Nyos test kits

I ran out of kits multiple times. I think I am going to have nightmare's on the vial test tubes, color charts, small readings on the needles to make sure it was .70 right oh #&#! I have to do the test again.

I sent in multiple water test throughout the testing cycle.

During the peak of testing I was testing multiple tanks, 3 to be exact and a salt mixing station. 1 with no water changes, 1 with Daily and 1 with water changes every two weeks.
Good enough for me. :cool:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the GHL facebook post on April 30th they said:
*** Official statement w/ confirmed shipping date will be released this coming Tuesday ***

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back