New IOND email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked against Hanna, I do own some :)

kits1.png

And Red Sea Test Kits
And Aquaforest test kits
And API test Kits,
And SALIFERT test kits
And Seachem test kits
And Nyos test kits

I ran out of kits multiple times. I think I am going to have nightmare's on the vial test tubes, color charts, small readings on the needles to make sure it was .70 right oh #&#! I have to do the test again.

I sent in multiple water test throughout the testing cycle.

During the peak of testing I was testing multiple tanks, 3 to be exact and a salt mixing station. 1 with no water changes, 1 with Daily and 1 with water changes every two weeks.
So how close are the numbers?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robbyg - I saw as much as a 7% Difference on the Hanna device but on average 3%. for calcium.

Nitrate I am still calculating as the % of difference for the Hanna device was much larger and want to make sure all outliers are removed. I was not here to test the accuracy of test kits but sometimes it felt like that.

Consistency with the test kits was a pain also. Doing a back to back test on the Hanna device itself would sometimes lead to problems as I would see sometimes a 7% difference just in the results of itself. I think I could do just a video now on all the test kits results among themselves lol.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robbyg - I saw as much as a 7% Difference on the Hanna device but on average 3%. for calcium.

Nitrate I am still calculating as the % of difference for the Hanna device was much larger and want to make sure all outliers are removed. I was not here to test the accuracy of test kits but sometimes it felt like that.

Consistency with the test kits was a pain also. Doing a back to back test on the Hanna device itself would sometimes lead to problems as I would see sometimes a 7% difference just in the results of itself. I think I could do just a video now on all the test kits results among themselves lol.
Ditto, I was under the impression that the Hanna Nitrate Tester couldn't/was not meant to test the low levels we try to maintain in a reef tank.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that may explain why the readings were all over the place :)

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time frame for this announcement???? I haven't seen anything as of yet.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed ghl yesterday see how long I would have to wait if I ordered

Dear Paul,

shipping of IOND will start very soon. More details will follow in our official newsletter in the next days.

The shipment of IOND depends on when we received your binding order, shipments are in the order we got the orders.

It will take several months until all pre-orders are fulfilled due to the huge amount we have to produce.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Jessica Kiehl

GHL Sales Team / GHL Verkaufsteam

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....... I read into that as none of the pre orders are produced then?????:mad:

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several months for just to get through the pre orders

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would interpret it more as the number of preorders are going to take multiple phases to complete.
I don't know. It's hard to interpret what they say. It would not surprise me if they made enough units to send out for testing and stopped.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know. It's hard to interpret what they say. It would not surprise me if they made enough units to send out for testing and stopped.
That would make sense if they found issues during the testing period. Why mass produce and run the risk of testing finding a major issue? I hope everyone gets their order fulfilled as quickly as possible though.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back