New IOND email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny there idea has been from service to let's ignore the forum. If we ignore we won't have to answer. I'm sure they are told to ignore the forums about ion to prevent a form of confrontation. Especially when they say one thing and fail at their own word. I'm assuming vinny doesn't even dabble in these forums because he's probably told not to... He will respond with messages for regular service so he's around the forum. Also on his build. Bug I'm assuming ghl has him intentionally avoiding ion threads.

Go back 2 years and I said it will be trident all over again. Kinda makes me chuckle a little bit. I still have it pre-ordered and will continue. But they want nothing to do with any ion thread

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny there idea has been from service to let's ignore the forum. If we ignore we won't have to answer. I'm sure they are told to ignore the forums about ion to prevent a form of confrontation. Especially when they say one thing and fail at their own word. I'm assuming vinny doesn't even dabble in these forums because he's probably told not to... He will respond with messages for regular service so he's around the forum. Also on his build. Bug I'm assuming ghl has him intentionally avoiding ion threads.

Go back 2 years and I said it will be trident all over again. Kinda makes me chuckle a little bit. I still have it pre-ordered and will continue. But they want nothing to do with any ion thread
I find GHL to be not the real communicative bunch. They seem to want everything to go through their ticket system

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robbyg - I saw as much as a 7% Difference on the Hanna device but on average 3%. for calcium.

Nitrate I am still calculating as the % of difference for the Hanna device was much larger and want to make sure all outliers are removed. I was not here to test the accuracy of test kits but sometimes it felt like that.

Consistency with the test kits was a pain also. Doing a back to back test on the Hanna device itself would sometimes lead to problems as I would see sometimes a 7% difference just in the results of itself. I think I could do just a video now on all the test kits results among themselves lol.
Thanks for the update. I find that test kits are always a pain to use. Probably the only one that is an exception is the Hanna Alk. This is why we need more AWT units on the markets. I am pretty sure manual kits will go extinct in less than 5 years.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They who? The only PR person they have is Vinny, it’s a one man job. Kind of amateur if you ask me, but maybe we are overestimating the size of GHL. Anyway we will see, to be honest they said Tuesday, they never specified of which week/month!?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They who? The only PR person they have is Vinny, it’s a one man job. Kind of amateur if you ask me, but maybe we are overestimating the size of GHL. Anyway we will see, to be honest they said Tuesday, they never specified of which week/month!?
I think that gael person is in GHL.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that gael person is in GHL.
No sorry.
But I can also say like @Ditto that I am a IOND field tester.

The official press release announced on Facebook is a little late, but it will arrive.

In the meantime, the video from another field tester:

Last edited:

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry.
And, I reassure you @Vinny@GHLUSA is not all alone :)

The official press release announced by @Matthias Gross on Facebook is a little late, but it will arrive.

I hope he isn’t, I started to feel sorry for him. Has to deal with all the c**p everyone throws at him and he is the only one replying.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry.

The official press release announced on Facebook is a little late, but it will arrive.

Maybe that's some of that "fake" news on Facebook????

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ION Director - Delivery Date

Delivery launch ION Director!​

Fortunately, we can keep this newsletter quite short. After the field test with our beta testers is as good as finished and all logistical challenges have been mastered, we can officially announce the start of delivery:

ION Director shipments are scheduled to start on Monday, May 31, 2021.

Due to various reasons, an earlier start of delivery in compliance with our strict quality standards was unfortunately not possible.
After as many preparatory production steps as possible have been carried out in the last few months, the finalization of the products is already underway. Possible further findings of the still running beta test will not have any impact on the delivery start, the feedback of the testers will mainly be used for further optimization of the software, the hardware has been in a perfect final state for quite some time.

How does the delivery work?​

• Deliveries will be made in the order of binding pre-orders.
  • Due to the very high number of pre-orders, it will take several months until all already ordered ION Directors will be delivered.
  • If a final payment for a pre-order should be necessary, we will contact the respective customers unprompted in time, shortly before delivery.

To shorten the waiting time we will publish videos about the ION Director in the next time. Below are two unboxing videos of our testers Kevin and Ruben, in English and Spanish, watch here the exclusive ION Director footage:

More videos will follow, and we will also report regularly on the current production progress - it's worth following us on our social media channels.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust and patience. We are convinced that the wait was worth it and that we are launching a unique device on the market with the ION Director, which will make marine aquatics much easier.

Your GHL Team

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't gotten it delivered to my email yet.

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the email. Twice.
Hoping to see a quick ship date. Time will tell.
I waited this long, what's another month or two?

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'll get my lightbar at the same time.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
respectfully- between this and a fix it part I’ve been waiting to get shipped for 3wks- I’ll believe it when I see it- less talk, more rock.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's odd that nobody has done an actual testing and comparison to test kit video. I think that the people receiving units are all Beta Testers still under NDA. If I was one of the first to get one, then sure I would do an unboxing video but within 48 hours I would have uploaded a testing and review video.

BTW I doubt that May 31st is the date it will arrive in the USA. I was told at one point that the release date is the date when it ships out of the factory in Germany. So at best it's going to be somewhere near Mid June to get one in your hands.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back