New ITEMS!!! Complete Reef Systems - Available in EXT and INT Models

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't want to buy a Red Sea. But I love IM tanks/stands. I don't like not having a choice on if I want to buy a sump with my tank. That was one of the big attractions to IM. Cade, Waterbox and Red Sea have sumps and I turned my attention to IM

Last edited:

Meloco14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't want to buy a Red Sea. But I love IM tanks/stands. I don't like not having a choice on if I want to buy a sump with my tank. That was one of the big attractions to IM. Cade, Waterbox and Red Sea have sumps and I turned my attention to IM
I agree. I'm so lucky I ordered my IM tank at the end of January without the sump. If I was still looking for a tank IM would no longer be an option for me. I don't want their sump or return pump and it's $1000 more than what I paid.
IM you need to offer tank and stand only options or you will miss out on potential customers. There are so many people that your layout won't work for.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d guess they made the calculation that given how well Red Sea tanks sell this must be what customers want. IM tanks are so much better quality this should thrust them ahead on the premade complete tank sector.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbed it myself during December. Great tank but glad I got the tank and stand only option

Attachments

• 20230122_102259.jpg
    20230122_102259.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 69

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d guess they made the calculation that given how well Red Sea tanks sell this must be what customers want. IM tanks are so much better quality this should thrust them ahead on the premade complete tank sector.
They were offering both....tank/stand and tank/stand/sump. I was saving up for the 100 EXT tank and stand. I purchased last month a Trigger sapphire 39 sump and Sicce Syncra SDC 9 pump for use with that tank. If IM will no longer offer tank/stand (at the cost it was before) it will cause me to go somewhere else. I don't like IM's sumps.

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I'm so lucky I ordered my IM tank at the end of January without the sump. If I was still looking for a tank IM would no longer be an option for me. I don't want their sump or return pump and it's $1000 more than what I paid.
IM you need to offer tank and stand only options or you will miss out on potential customers. There are so many people that your layout won't work for.
Yeah, I wish I'd have bit the bullet when they first started the preorder discount. I wanted just a tank no stand. I get that you are getting a lot more stuff this way but now I'll have to spend about twice as much money. I was super excited about getting a 200 gallon tank for around 2k.

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were offering both....tank/stand and tank/stand/sump. I was saving up for the 100 EXT tank and stand. I purchased last month a Trigger sapphire 39 sump and Sicce Syncra SDC 9 pump for use with that tank. If IM will no longer offer tank/stand (at the cost it was before) it will cause me to go somewhere else. I don't like IM's sumps.
Let me know what you find. I started looking and this compete system deal still beats a lot of tank only prices out there. I guess I just can't afford a brand new tank unless I go with a Marineland/Aqueon or something like that.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they will still offer just tank/stand. If nothing else just get the set and sell the sump you don't want maybe?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they will still offer just tank/stand. If nothing else just get the set and sell the sump you don't want maybe?
dont like their sump. I've checked all the vendors and no one has the tank/stand in stock. I also checked if IM and vendors had stands only in stock and that option is also gone

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't understand a move like this. Why not offer both options so customers can choose what they want? You are only losing out on potential business now. Not everyone wants an expensive sump and many would rather DIY a sump to get exactly what they want.

Meloco14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before ordering my IM I was considering fiji cube. They still offer tank and stand only options at a decent price. They're largest size though is 171 gallons and they're sold out, but they have a lot of smaller/medium size options.

bobf216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually looking at those, that’s probably going to be my choice , I just liked how the IM has the smooth back of the tank with the over flow cut into the glass

Nick711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping on all regular tank orders also increased from $149 to $199

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back