New ITEMS!!! Complete Reef Systems - Available in EXT and INT Models

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nick711

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was raised on all tanks, not just those with the added weight

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With sump their tanks are still cheaper than all other vendors. And to buy a sump retail the same size they are offering in there AIO usually runs more money. Their systems are by far the best deal right now. So good in fact I think if they promoted their product more they could corner the market and be the household name replacing RedSea. Everything about them seems superior. I’m curious how they can offer tanks so much lower than the competition. Perhaps they are the only ones not price gouging. By the complete setup and buy your own sump and you still will get a better deal than a Red Sea, water box, aqua forest and any other vendor out there I have found so far….. But it would be nice to get a tank only or tank and stand only option. But this is what they had to do to build margin on such a low priced option.

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting move. You try to gain sales by catering to the "turn key" crowd but at the same time you alienate the "I want just a tank & stand so I can customize everything else" crowd. I'm sure marketing has shown that they'll sell more to the turn key than they'll lose to the customizers like me. (I have a 100 EXT with stand that I purchased a couple of years ago)

Interesting to see a review once they ship and people start posting build threads.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting move. You try to gain sales by catering to the "turn key" crowd but at the same time you alienate the "I want just a tank & stand so I can customize everything else" crowd. I'm sure marketing has shown that they'll sell more to the turn key than they'll lose to the customizers like me. (I have a 100 EXT with stand that I purchased a couple of years ago)

Interesting to see a review once they ship and people start posting build threads.
My 120g NUVO AIO blew a few months ago. My LFS reached out to them to get a new tank. They *only* sell tanks with stands now. They have 0/nada/zilch interest in “customizers” or for lack of a better word- “power users.” They want to sell you everything in one shot. I understand that making this hobby more accessible equals more customers and that’s what businesses want but have a pro line or just sell your tanks separately. I’m going to drop $10-$20k+ on a tank, equipment, lighting, fish, etc and keep it all in a stand that doesn’t match my house? That’s a hard pass.

My 120g AIO was a lovely tank but around year one the acrylic on the back popped off under warranty -to which IM laughed at me and told me unapologetically that I’d have to drain the tank and glue it back on. It also sprang a random leak at a weak point at the bottom.

If you want a budget turnkey system, it’s an option but I’m just not sure this would be the direction I would go vs some others that have been doing the turnkey thing for longer.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the sumps are centered in the cabinet leaving very little space between cabinet wall to sump sides

OP
OP
Innovative Marine

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, we would like to thank everyone for their input on the new "Complete Reef System" packages that we are offering. After hearing the feedback for the demand of the "Tank & Stand" only package we agree that offering both packages would be more beneficial for us and the community of reefers. This allows hobbyists to customize or purchase a complete turn-key aquarium.

Best Regards,
IM Team

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, we would like to thank everyone for their input on the new "Complete Reef System" packages that we are offering. After hearing the feedback for the demand of the "Tank & Stand" only package we agree that offering both packages would be more beneficial for us and the community of reefers. This allows hobbyists to customize or purchase a complete turn-key aquarium.

Best Regards,
IM Team

Thank you so much! :slightly-smiling-face:

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best Regards,
IM Team
Thanks guys, always thinking of your customers! Any way you do it, I'll end up with another IM tank for my next upgrade.

(Really!? Already talking about the next upgrade when this is where I'm at today with my current upgrade!?)
PXL_20230303_194402513.jpg

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best Regards,
IM Team
This is a great response to customer feedback. I would echo that a 'no sump' option definitely bumps you up on my list of options for replacing my aging Reefer.

DieHardPhotog-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best Regards,
IM Team
Now that's good news worth hearing. Thanks, IM!

This puts IM back on my list for my hopeful purchase this summer. I want something with no less than 200 gals of display volume. I already have an almost new 45-gallon sump with my current 90-gal Marineland. Plus, most aquarium vendors' sumps don't accommodate a Red Sea Rollermat. That's nearly a deal-breaker for me.

Now if they shipped those stands pre-assembled, I would be overjoyed!

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With sump their tanks are still cheaper than all other vendors. And to buy a sump retail the same size they are offering in there AIO usually runs more money. Their systems are by far the best deal right now. So good in fact I think if they promoted their product more they could corner the market and be the household name replacing RedSea. Everything about them seems superior. I’m curious how they can offer tanks so much lower than the competition. Perhaps they are the only ones not price gouging. By the complete setup and buy your own sump and you still will get a better deal than a Red Sea, water box, aqua forest and any other vendor out there I have found so far….. But it would be nice to get a tank only or tank and stand only option. But this is what they had to do to build margin on such a low priced option.
It’s Becos IM is Asain brand and rest are white

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Innovative Marine Before I purchase a different brand I will ask this....Any plans to have the option to buy tank and stand without the sump? I don't want to buy the other brand and then see on your website you added that option back in. Thanks

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Innovative Marine Before I purchase a different brand I will ask this....Any plans to have the option to buy tank and stand without the sump? I don't want to buy the other brand and then see on your website you added that option back in. Thanks
They posted in this thread back in March saying that they will. What size are you looking for? I just checked their website and they sell tank and stand ONLY for both INT and EXT models from 112 up to 200.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They posted in this thread back in March saying that they will. What size are you looking for? I just checked their website and they sell tank and stand ONLY for both INT and EXT models from 112 up to 200.
EXT 100

Back in March, the 112 and up have been the only ones that you didn't have to purchase the sump. IM had reverted to sump as an option on the EXT back in March but that only lasted a month or two

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best Regards,
IM Team
Awesome response from IM! Now how about offering armored/reinforced seams?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best Regards,
IM Team

Awesome response from IM! Now how about offering armored/reinforced seams?
@Cell the option for tank and stand only do not exist anymore. That option is only on their custom line.

Looks like I’ll have to go with the other tank manufacture, since today is their last day of sale

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you no longer buy the tank only?
That went south about a year ago.
I was looking for just a tank cuz I don't like white/black/Grey industrial looking cabinets and I want a canopy. I was going to build the stand/canopy from wood. My whole house has a lot of wood features. It just would look out of place.
I might go to SCAquariums.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back