new kessil comes tomorrow, need help programming apex

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my new 360we comes tomorrow, 3 days ahead of schedule from brs. I have the cable coming to attach it to my 0-10v port. How complicated is it to set this up? I did a search on here and don't see anything about the programing and what kind of numbers people are using

I found a video on YouTube, shows i need to create profiles. Suppose it would help to know what most people are using for color, intensity,and ramp times. I imagine I could have this blue and low intensity through the night to create a moonlight.

Last edited:

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the tasks menu and choose variable output (near the end of the list). That will get you started. Then you can add/remove and modify points rather than advanced programming but you can still do programming later after you get it figured out.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to configure 3 outlets (Color, Intensity, Power) and a couple of Profiles to set intensity and color ramp up/down. Here are some examples to get an idea.

Attachments

• Apex_Outlet_CLR.PNG
    Apex_Outlet_CLR.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Apex_Outlet_INT.PNG
    Apex_Outlet_INT.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Apex_Outlet_PWR.PNG
    Apex_Outlet_PWR.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Apex_Profile_CLR.PNG
    Apex_Profile_CLR.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to configure 3 outlets (Color, Intensity, Power) and a couple of Profiles to set intensity and color ramp up/down. Here are some examples to get an idea.
Thank you, pretty much copied this and I think it's working. I don't use my feed modes but I added a line if feeda then 100, seems to turn light on 100% for duration of feedmode. I want some way to turn lights on if needed for anything. I created a ramp up and down, for middle time i just put it at 100 for now.

I don't understand why you created a color, intensity and power profile. What is the power needed for? Do you have the kessil plugged into the power bar to control on and off? Right now I just have it plugged into the wall and the 0-10v is handling the on and off

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have them connected directly to the Apex brain directly via the 0-10v port and and power on the E8 bar. I do change the color slightly with the intensity, this is not required if you find a color % that you like. Also the power I did it to turn on/off but if you set the intensity to < 12% Intensity the light will not turn on. This is why the Kessil can't do lunar. I could have set it up a bit more simple but liked playing with the different settings when I set them up.

OP
OP
J

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have them connected directly to the Apex brain directly via the 0-10v port and and power on the E8 bar. I do change the color slightly with the intensity, this is not required if you find a color % that you like. Also the power I did it to turn on/off but if you set the intensity to < 12% Intensity the light will not turn on. This is why the Kessil can't do lunar. I could have set it up a bit more simple but liked playing with the different settings when I set them up.
Do you think its worth using the eb8 for on/off or is having it ramp up and down to 0% enough?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back