New Kessil H80 Questions

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2017
Messages
512
Reaction score
679
Location
Austin, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright! Got my H80 for my refugium. It is plugged into Apex and controlled.

First: Anybody have the percentages for Apex that equate to Grow? I think I am close, but curious to what other people have come up with (or if there is a definitive answer.

Second: Acclimation? I have a new bunch of cheato with a new light. What is standard acclimation for this light? 8 hours at 50% and work my way up to 100%? Or less hours and work my way up to 8 and then up to 100%?

Thanks!
 
Grow on the apex I believe is equivalent to 40%. And as far as acclimation start out at 50% intensity and raise it by 10% weekly until you hit 100% :) 8 to 10 hours opposite of your display lighting :)
 
Its 15w, turn it to 100% and run 8-10 hrs, no acclimation needed, have h80 and h360, only need to be careful with 380
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new