New kid on the block

Welcome to R2R!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium
 
Hi all I’m new here , I’m polo I have a innovative marine 25 lagoon with wrgb light (not sure if it’s a good light for corals ) this is my first saltwater tank , this is my aquascape I have a few open caves the fish can swim thru( can’t really see it in the pics ) using the dc pump that came with the tank ,will be using ocean direct sand from Caribsea , don’t know if I’m use salt or get water from fish store . Well this is the start of the tank
11467B48-8CCF-4D77-953E-3A5E214BDF59.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

I setup additional tank in hurry recently, and now I'm rethinking my aquascape in that new tank to better future accommodate adult size sleeping accommodations for my fish. It is smart you are laying it out but be sure to give yourself enough room to clean around. I'm ordering more E-Marco 400 mortar in purple because it worked very well securing rocks (along with nylon posts) for designing modular (for rockwork cleaning) caves for our main tank.

This might help you find people local to you in Philadelphia:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new