0   0   0
budget friendly, drop some suggestions for a light, 25g lagoon. dimensions;
Outside DIMS: Length 23.62” Width: 19.68” Height: 11.8”
Display DIMS: Length 23” Width: 15.87” Height: 11.8”

here's what I found online.
2 of these:

1 kessil? would it be enough?

this:

or any options y'all have for around same price.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of price range? You would need two of those kessils, or one a160we (albeit with the edges not necessarily great). Out of those, assuming that you can't do 2 kessils, I know two of the third option would work. I have no experience with the 1st option

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals? I’m guessing not sps?

The Kessil a80 you would need 2, so a a160 would be better but that is probably not classed as budget friendly, no idea about the others you linked.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals? I’m guessing not sps?

The Kessil a80 you would need 2, so a a160 would be better but that is probably not classed as budget friendly, no idea about the others you linked.
not too much sps. if any actually. I have a lot of Euphyllia which is my main plan of action for this tank. other ones I linked I just found on amazon.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not too much sps. if any actually. I have a lot of Euphyllia which is my main plan of action for this tank. other ones I linked I just found on amazon.

you could buy used, maybe start with the a80 then when funds allow add a 2nd or sell and buy a a160, you would need to keep most of your corals in the middle,of the tank with this option, until you upgrade the light.

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of price range? You would need two of those kessils, or one a160we (albeit with the edges not necessarily great). Out of those, assuming that you can't do 2 kessils, I know two of the third option would work. I have no experience with the 1st option
yeah, was hoping id only need one kessil... only light I really trust in the bunch but I might give one of those other options a shot. if you have any other suggestions, please let me know thanks guys!

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could buy used, maybe start with the a80 then when funds allow add a 2nd or sell and buy a a160, you would need to keep most of your corals in the middle,of the tank with this option, until you upgrade the light.
yeah, I have this 32' sb reef light but you know, its way too big for a 2 lagoon lol. want to sell it somewhere but it does have some wear on it.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, was hoping id only need one kessil... only light I really trust in the bunch but I might give one of those other options a shot. if you have any other suggestions, please let me know thanks guys!

You could do two or three lumi lite strips (I think three might be best). The 24 inch should work. You can do the 50/50 version. They make a lumi lite pro which is a double row of leds too, but spreading out single strips allows you to get a better spread. I would HIGHLY recommend borrowing a par meter or renting one whenever you get your lights.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, I have this 32' sb reef light but you know, its way too big for a 2 lagoon lol. want to sell it somewhere but it does have some wear on it.
As long as you are upfront with the condition it should sell, a lot of people are not too bothered how something looks if the price is right, they need lights for frag tanks etc that are kept in the basement etc as long as it works that’s what counts.

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

here's one as well but id have no idea how to mount this

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you are upfront with the condition it should sell, a lot of people are not too bothered how something looks if the price is right, they need lights for frag tanks etc that are kept in the basement etc as long as it works that’s what counts.
you interested? hahah kidding but yeah, will definitely list it up on eBay

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

here's one as well but id have no idea how to mount this

Black box lights would work but yeah you would need to mount them high off the tank. I used a bike rack thing for that once lol

burban94

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the noopsyche k7 v3 but in the 140w model. It's wider than the 75w model having two lenses vs one. That should help with your spread and you shouldn't have to mount it as high as the 75w to achieve the same coverage. It's what I have and I am extremely happy with them. Two of them currently over my 40 breeder and my highest channel is still under 50%. The controller, I find, is easy to use, it's the navigation of it that will take getting used to. Hope this helps.
Screenshot_20220613-004526_Firefox.jpg

OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black box lights would work but yeah you would need to mount them high off the tank. I used a bike rack thing for that once lol
yeah. realized that one might not be the best for me. here's what im thinking: one of those kessils for now and It might do but id have to wait a little, still a college kid so balling on a budget would be best for me lol. I found one last light for y'all to look at. its the first option from original post so either (2 of those) or maybe 2 of these:

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an a360 in the For sale section for $150, I’m sure you could get a Kessil for your budget used.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back