New lights will be available soon and a word of thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn't the end of the world if they published the protocol. Could wire up and Arduino/Pi to act as a wifi proxy. i.e. Might be a project for the ReefPi guys if any of them are using it.
That's what I was thinking, Android >> pi Bluetooth then pi >> nrf transmitter

TinyTinCans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a suggestion. If you have anyway to suggest new ideas to the developer. They have a problem all be it a aesthetic one. granted the price point is great but if I have to buy 6 of them to get the coverage on a larger tank then all of a sudden there might be other lights out there that prove to be more affordable. Just a suggestion a Four Puck design similar to the Hydra 52 with a slightly bigger array to expand the coverage trying to get it in that $350 price point. If they could make that happen I think it would only be a matter of time that Noopsyche would be held with the same awe and respect as Radion.

No disrespect. Just a honest suggestion from a unbiased party. You have all done great work with this light.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will pass it along.

However, I think that two of these lights ends up not far off the $350 mark and can be positioned to cover better than a single 4 puck fixture would.

I am running two on a 93 cube and it covers really well.

TinyTinCans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is a little selfish but my tank has a cross brace and I’m not sure how mounting a light directly above the brace would effect light distribution. Its the OCD In me I think it would look cleaner with less lights. Hey I can always hope right. =)

I’ve been reading all of your guys post non stop the past two days. Lots of great information.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is a little selfish but my tank has a cross brace and I’m not sure how mounting a light directly above the brace would effect light distribution. Its the OCD In me I think it would look cleaner with less lights. Hey I can always hope right. =)

I’ve been reading all of your guys post non stop the past two days. Lots of great information.

Thanks for following along.

I will definitely pass the request along. There are things in development now so adding to the pile won't happen anytime soon, I'm afraid.

If you can't make it to a show to see the lights in person, talk to your LFS about carrying the lights and have them go to www.noopsychusa.com and become a dealer.

Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back