joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy all.

Been trying to get this thing kicked off right but not to many want to put in the work.

One thing I would like to do is a coral bank. And maybe setup a small frag swap.

Will post some more later today but got to leave the house.

sticky polyps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the idea behind the coral bank? I am willing to do whatever I can to help for this club... Sarasota is my home town and I have kept reef tanks since over ten years ago. in the past couple years I have been spending much more time in the hobby and want to meet some local reefers. hope all is well.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coral bank is were you give coral to other members so that in the event something wa to happen to your tank or coral that member would give you a frag back once your tank was stable again. We would keep a log of these owners and notify if something happens. Once your coral is a colony then you would make a frag and wait until the original owner had a stable system. It's a great system that many quality reef clubs do.

We should make a push to have all members that want to join meet up for drinks or something. I would really like to do some charity work too like donating small tanks to veterans with ptsd and children's hospitals. Getting donors to help with products and raise money for these things. We can do monthly raffles for LFS gift certificates and use the left over money for charity. I'm sure we could get lots of people that would be interested. What do you all think.

manasotaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Stevie here..... Former veteran, moved to Florida last May and live on 776 near Manasota Beach Rd.... New to reefing - have a 180g (4 months old) and 55g (9 months old). Will attach some pics. New to this so any advice is welcome!!!
33e7d01badfdefc2b573f89c34f2ee4b.jpg
006e0ffbde2e5f912ebcc9ef94a87f5d.jpg

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far. Feel free to ask any questions.

Been trying to get the club going but it takes a lot of effort from everyone. We will get there eventually.

rferraro21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Rob from Sarasota. Have had my first tank set up about 7 weeks now. 72 gallon, 2 clown fish, 2 bengai Cardinals, 1 tuxedo urchin, 1 diamond goby, 1 coral banded shrimp, bunch of hermits and snails. Loving it so far. Just got my first two mushroom corals the other day.
46e0070323f7a670078c867351878736.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back