If You Could Meet Anyone In The Reef Aquarium Industry, Who Would It Be?

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
My short list, in no particular order, would include: The Reef2Reef staff, Jay Hemdal, Marc Levenson, Rich Ross, Dr. Sanjay Joshi, Julian Sprung, Adam Derickson, Than Thein, Zach “Remy” Hoesly, and Ryan Batcheller. There are more that I can’t remember at the moment, but basically, I would talk reefing with anyone. :grinning-squinting-face:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the usual, Ryan, Than, R2R folks, even @BeanAnimal (so we can argue face to face) but would really like to see your tanks @Reefermatt , been close to Michigan, (Ohio and Illinois) but never Michigan. need some company
Awesome! I’m just a hobbyist with a tiny frag business, but I always enjoy meeting other Reefers regardless! And my tanks aren’t anything special really. My biggest reef is only 75 gallons. Puffy’s tank is 135 gallons though.

Allenh427

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ryan, Thomas, Randy from BRS. Those guys turned around my 'I'll never have a reef tank' mentality. I was super overwhelmed with the equipment, water parameters / chemicals, husbandry, coral care etc but their videos are so easy to consume and confidence inspiring. They are idols in my eyes.

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome! I’m just a hobbyist with a tiny frag business, but I always enjoy meeting other Reefers regardless! And my tanks aren’t anything special really. My biggest reef is only 75 gallons. Puffy’s tank is 135 gallons though.
That's the part about forums I don't like. You never get to meet folks you converse with on a daily basis. Don't matter what ya got, its about meeting the people who share information with one another. That might be part of my up raising , or just me. I will hit you up when I'm in your neck of the woods. Wife will be with me and need some good places to eat around there, and its on me.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the usual, Ryan, Than, R2R folks, even @BeanAnimal (so we can argue face to face) but would really like to see your tanks @Reefermatt , been close to Michigan, (Ohio and Illinois) but never Michigan. need some company
Meh, I am sweet as can be in person.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My short list, in no particular order, would include: The Reef2Reef staff, Marc Levenson, Rich Ross, Dr. Sanjay Joshi, Julian Sprung, Adam Derickson, Than Thein, Zach “Remy” Hoesly, and Ryan Batcheller. There are more that I can’t remember at the moment, but basically, I would talk reefing with anyone. :grinning-squinting-face:
Met and spoke with Julian Sprung 2 years ago at Reefpalooza, really cool and down to earth, he will talk to you as long as you want.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back