New maxi doser sticking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the video link works. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? My new maxi doser gets stuck every few seconds. Both heads, but one more so than the other. I have sent an email to GHL, waiting to hear back to see what they think. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if they did, what was the solution? I've taken the heads off and the doser runs fine without them. The power supply is definitely the one that came with it. Any ideas from guys here that I can try? Thanks!

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use silicone lube

That was one of the first things I tried, as I have some I use for o rings and seals for my aquarium equipment. I didn't go too overboard with it, but there's definetely a good amount in there. It didn't seem to help much unfortunately.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. One of the heads is working a little better than the other, but when I switch the rollers and caps, the same side still has more of a problem. Leads me to believe it's a power or motor problem.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to read the voltage on the power supply. Coming up with around 54 volts. Not sure what is normal on these 24 volt power supplies, but seems like it's getting enough power. I'm waiting to see what GHL says.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just listened to your video again and it does sound different to mine, they had to reduce the motor torque to stop the motors spinning, maybe somehow this hasn’t happened for you, maybe worth trying to reload the FW or see if there is a later version

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me a new one. I'm pretty sure they changed suppliers or something on the motors, or the heads? I'm not 100% sure, but they finally have the "new" ones being produced, sold and shipped.

My replacement doser has had no issues whatsoever. Matthias said that around 1% were affected, but production was halted. Now that they are back in production I would see what GHL says to get yours sorted out.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me a new one. I'm pretty sure they changed suppliers or something on the motors, or the heads? I'm not 100% sure, but they finally have the "new" ones being produced, sold and shipped.

My replacement doser has had no issues whatsoever. Matthias said that around 1% were affected, but production was halted. Now that they are back in production I would see what GHL says to get yours sorted out.
Thanks.

Sucks, tried everything and reloaded the firmware to many times.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

Sucks, tried everything and reloaded the firmware to many times.

I feel your pain/annoyance. My first one never worked period. The replacement has had zero problems. I don't think there's anything we can do other than work through it with GHL. The good news is they focused specifically on that issue for the past 6 months or so. Bad news is you have to mess with the warranty process and are without your maxi for a bit since it's not working.

Let us know what they say! I'm curious if they have another solution besides full replacement now. Or if it's a different issue, etc... I think they want us to use the official support channel on their site by starting a ticket on the bottom of this page...

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain/annoyance. My first one never worked period. The replacement has had zero problems. I don't think there's anything we can do other than work through it with GHL. The good news is they focused specifically on that issue for the past 6 months or so. Bad news is you have to mess with the warranty process and are without your maxi for a bit since it's not working.

Let us know what they say! I'm curious if they have another solution besides full replacement now. Or if it's a different issue, etc... I think they want us to use the official support channel on their site by starting a ticket on the bottom of this page...

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/
I already emailed Vinny from the GHL forum

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back